Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dazzle, The Inspiration for a Colorful Day

Good morning! 



I don't know about you but with the dreary grey days, I could use a little razzle, dazzle, color in my world this week.




"Colors are the smiles of nature." 
~ Leigh Hunt~



I recently came across a pile of children's books at an antique store and found myself drawn to the illustrations and color. 




"Pink is not a color, it's an attitude." 
~Author Unknown~


 They also remind me of the late Lily Pulitzer, who started designing her bright colored frocks to hide the stains on her clothing from her juice stand. 



"Mere color, unsoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways."
~Oscar Wilde~



I find these colors happy and the perfect balm for a late Spring.



"Coloring outside the lines is a fine art."
~Kim Nance~



I hope you have a beautiful and colorful day! 


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! You and me both; we had more snow the night before yesterday, but yesterday, the sun came out and MELTED a good part of it away! We need color, yes indeed. Your choices here are SUPER! LOVE TO YOU! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how color makes us feel...it can lift us up and make us feel alive. We have had our share of drabby gray cold days lately but today the sun is finally shining and I already feel a little pep in my step..hope the sun is shining over there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright, citrus-y colors are so much fun...and I love anything Lilly! Now, I am off to enjoy the sunshine! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! We all need a little color to brighten our day. The sun is finally out today and I'll be outside getting a little vitamin D! It's still too chilly to garden but I can feel the warmer weather is coming! Thank you Elizabeth, for sharing these images to brighten my day.

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love soothing interiors as well as bright accents to add a sense of freshness. I am on an all fresh diet and on my counter are lovely oranges, lemons, avocados, grapes, kiwi, bananas and it is a riot of color~
    Great book and love those illustrations.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days that bright colour can be a tonic for gloominess...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...