Saturday, April 6, 2013

Images of The Freer Sackler Gallery

Good morning! I hope you have great plans for the weekend. Perhaps something relaxing, a good book, puttering around in your garden, baking something scrumptious or a visit to see something beautiful.


I put together a little collage from my visit to the Freer Sackler Gallery. As with all of the 19 (11 of which are on the Mall) museums and galleries that comprise the Smithsonian,  the Freer Sackler Gallery is free!


Can it get any better than free? 

If you enjoy Asian art I hope you follow the link above and visit the collection, it is simply stunning. Especially the Peacock Room painted by James Abbott McNeill Whistler. 

Have a great day!


P.S. If you would like to use up some of your Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs from Easter, I used them in these scrumptious cookies! Recipe at Once Upon A Chocolate Life.

7 comments:

  1. These are wonderful images, thanks for sharing. I haven't been to the Freer Sackler Gallery (a bit too far) but it does get me in the mood to visit one of ours downtown. BTW I can't stop staring at those cookies, they look positively mouthwatering. I shall have to try them :)
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes are still on those cookies!! OMG yum, love peanut butter anything:) Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sweet Elizabeth!

    Yikes, those chocolate cookies look addicting! And your trip is endless with wonderful things to remember and be inspired by! HEY, we got a bit of snow last night! I am really itching to get outside and start cleaning up and watching the greenery start to become lush, but we have more weeks to go.

    Thank you for coming by my post. I am reading T.S. Eliot this weekend! Enjoy your reads, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, The exhibit looks amazing. One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to seek out every possible museum, gallery in the area. So often I run out of days as I will not leave until I have seen everything, stopped and pondered on this piece or that.

    Thank you so much for your kind comments. I always look forward to your book selections. This is my busiest time of year in school; my reading will slow a bit. I am compiling my summer list though, and would certainly enjoy you suggestions and more than kind offer. Have a wonderful weekend. Bonnie

    p.s. The cookies look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am dying for the choc cookie brownie thingies!!!!

    yum

    happy easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Elizabeth -
    Great timing. After visitors have enjoyed the cherry blossoms, they can hop over to the Freer and Sackler, where I previously worked. Truly two of my all time favorite museums in DC. And, the Peacock is stunning!!
    Hope you are well and enjoying spring ~
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning shots in the gallery, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...