Thursday, May 23, 2013

Adventures in France


Good morning!
 I have been thinking this week about many of my  adventures in France over the years. In the Loire Valley where I visited many chateaux and fell head over heals in love with Chenonceaux and the romance of Henry  II and Diane de Poitiers and then stood in awe at the Chartres Cathedral.


 Bordeaux where I spent a wonderful summer with friends who were purchasing a small vineyard and chateau. Oh the adventures we had, driving the region, tasting wine and exploring the houses and grounds.


The many weeks I spent with other friends in St. Jean de Luz at their summer home. 
The fun we had walking in the Pyrenees searching for the wild horses, eating Basque recipes, and whiling away days on the beach. 


Then their was the summer in Limoges for advanced French classes. Between sailing the days away, classes,  meeting new friends and weekend adventures to Paris and so many other wonderful cities I have written and mailed a catalog of post cards.


Trips to Congnac and La Rochelle, Sarlat and Rocamadour.



Road trips to Arles, Niemes, Orange and an extended stay at a spectacular house in Hyeres.  The Cote d'Azur and Provence, Cannes, gambling in Monte Carlo. Visiting the great champagne houses and the beaches of Normandy. The list goes on.



I have been blessed and lucky to have made so many lifelong friends in France and in turn to have them show me their glorious country. 



Although Paris will always hold a special place in my heart the other places that I have visited and the people I have met have fed a love of history, food, adventure and more. 



What are your favorite places to visit  in France? What brought you there? Did you discover them by accident?

ALL Photos taken by me.

I love to hear about your travel adventures and favorite places so please share them. If not in France wherever they are.

Enjoy your day!


P.S: If you feel like a little chocolate come over to Once Upon a Chocolate Life to try my Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

10 comments:

  1. This is what I am loving about all the France party links; the various memories of France, the different components of traveling there. These beautiful stamps and letters remind me of one of my favorite movies: CHARADE with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn, where you find out that the object of great worth in the mad chase is a rare stamp. LOVELY POST MY FRIEND! THANK YOU! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious !!!..our week is almost at the end......it was great !!...love Ria...xxx...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have friends in both Paris and Aix-en-Provence so we're lucky enough to get to go over often and run around the south of France. I go over for work often but then I'm working and not playing which is a shame.

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elizabeth...I just love this post! You are so fortunate to have had these amazing experiences in France. I know it was a busy week, but I am so happy you shared this post with us!

    Have a lovely day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice meeting you.Lovely to hear about your real adventures in France.Sounds like so much fun.Thank you for dropping by My cottage of imagination.I'm you new follower,looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in life.Denise of Coffeeberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post, so many lovely memories of France. Of course my favourite place is my own little beach house in Brittany, and the beautiful dunes nearby. Happy days.
    Have a super weekend
    Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the postcards! What a great way to tell a story...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour Elizabeth. I am a little late in discovering this post. What a fun and wonderful week this has been thanks to Anita. Lucky me! I have traveled back to my homeland, la Belle France, thanks to all of you creative ladies. Merci for this beautiful story. I love the old postcards (and still send them dutifully whenever I travel, even though I must say they are a lot easier to find in Europe than in the United States...) It was lovely to meet you. Bon weekend! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  9. -- Oh, and one last thing: I am your newest "Follower!" :-) Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a collection of postcards and memories!

    I haven't been to France as of yet.. but I will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...