Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday French Favorites

Good morning! 



As I have mentioned several times this week, Anita at Castles Crowns and Cottages hosted a spectacular party this week, Irresistible France. There were 40 or so bloggers that participated over the course of the week, some just once and others more often. Each and every post was not only a feast for the eyes but also for the imagination as we were wined, dined and whisked from one corner of France to the other. 



These are a few of my favorite links. 

"What if Jay Gatsby had lived in Paris? by Veronique at French Girl in Seattle.


Waddesdon Manor, built in the style of a French chateau by Baron de Rotheschild,  in the heart of the English countryside introduced by Paul from The Magical Christmas Wreath Company. Paul spent a Spring day at the French market and exploring the beautiful gardens of Waddesdon. I cannot wait for more posts on this magnificent home.



Fountainbleu, Chantilly, Vaux le Vicomte, Giverney and Chartres each and everyone a fabulous place to visit.  I have been to all of them a few times with friends and family and if you are going to Paris and would like to learn about these day trips from Paris  visit the amazing travel blog written by Sandy at You May Be Wandering



A delicious Gateau Fondant aux Poires from Barbara at Moveable Feasts and from Deana at Lost Past Remembered a scrumptious Tarte Tatin and the history of this iconic French dessert. By the way if you love food and it's history than you will want to visit and explore more of Deana's blog. The blog is an education in food, architecture, history, art and more not to mention a feast for the eyes. 


 Stephanie from Millefeuilles shared a story of the Belle Epoque and memories of her grandmother. Stephanie is working on a PhD in Baroque Garden design, in addition to her beautifully written blog, and fabulous photos she crafts the most magical little mice. 

ALL PHOTOS BY PINE CONES AND ACORNS

This last one was not a participant of the party but is from a favorite blog friend and is simply a wonderful post, written by Jeanne at Collage of Life entitled "When Life Gives You Lemons."

If you have not had the opportunity to visit these blogs you can follow the link HERE to these and many other adventures. 

Enjoy your weekend and be safe!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth. I am absolutely thrilled to be featured in your Friday favourites.
    You have the most generous heart and I am sending lots of love over the ocean to you this morning. Anita's party has been the most fun hasn't it. So much creativity from all four corners of blogland coming together, love it. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Paul XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed going through most of them but see there are a few left to pursue. Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning dearest Elizabeth! Hasn't this just been a thrilling party? The one post I missed was Deane's since she entered in her post a bit later than the others. I must run over to see her NOW.

    So many memorable posts....you touch on some of the posts here that I frequented for so many reasons...Paul's fabulous detour through the English point of view, Barbara's awesome poire gâteau, and Sandy's tour guide talents just shined.

    Many thanks to you dear heart for participating. You are indeed, as our kind Paul has stated, a most GENEROUS HEART! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth, This has been lots of fun and I still need to finish going through the list. I'll check out the links here:) Enjoy your weekend! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are terribly kind to say so many lovely things about Lostpast as part of a generous nod to the rest of the participants... I am touched. It has been fun looking things over. I just got started today as the schedule was a bit tight. I am enjoying my visits tremendously. What a pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun week thanks to Anita! Thank you for including me in your round up for the week...funny, I wrote my post yesterday doing the exact same thing and included your posts in my favorites...kindred spirits for sure!!

    What are baking and reading this weekend? I have my kids home so I will be putting the diet on the back burner and baking something but I am not sure what yet. I am reading Dan Brown's new book - it's a "cannot put down" book so it will probably be finished by tomorrow!

    Have a lovely weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...