Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Plans

Fruit Pie Williams Sonoma

Good Morning! Memorial Day weekend marks the beginning of Summer for many and is filled is barbeque's. trips to the beach, picnics, scrumptious food and more.



Williams Sonoma


I LOVE summer food. Burgers, potato salad, coleslaw, corn salad, you name it. Although I have many favorite recipes I enjoy trying new ones and I have discovered  great recipes on  PinterestWilliams Sonoma Blog, and Southern Living Magazine this week. The recipes are unlimited.


Bacon Wrapped Burger Southern Living

Pan Roasted Corn Salad Williams Sonoma

Veggie Potato Salad Southern Living


Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Williams Sonoma

Of course I cannot celebrate a holiday without dessert. Barbeque's and picnics are all about sweets to me, brownies, cereal treats, and cup cakes to name just a few. All of the desserts below were made by me and can be found on Pinterest at Once Upon a Chocolate Life Board or Pine Cones and Acorns Board.










What are your plans for Memorial Day weekend? A parade, a picnic, a day at the beach? I hope that whatever you do you have fun and are surrounded by family and friends. Be safe in your travels!

5 comments:

  1. HOW ABOUT stuffed burgers with goat cheese, basil pesto, topped with a thick sautéed PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM??????

    Wishing you a lovely weekend my dear friend. It's cold and rainy here! AHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....it must be fun to be a guest in YOUR house over Memorial day weekend! Everything looks delish, especially the potato salad, lemonade and of course those amazing looking chocolate chip cookies! Yum....our plans to go to Newport are canceled, we are going to a BBQ on Monday but otherwise the weather isn't cooperating, rainy and cold, so its a great weekend to catch up on books, movies and things around the house! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That potato salad looks so good! May have to be on the summer menu here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great looking picnic. I'm always a sucker for homemade chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...