Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day Brunch: A Special Meal for a Special Mom

Good morning! I hope you are having a great week.

Photo by Pine Cones and Acorns

  I cannot believe it is already Thursday, seriously where does the time go? Thankfully in the rush this week I was able to get my mother's days cards and gifts off. Are you ready for Mother's Day?

Photo by Pine Cones and Acorns

Will you be spending the day with your mom? Making breakfast, brunch or perhaps a lovely lunch? Sadly, I will not be with my mom, but will make it up to her in a few weeks when I see her. This  is my plan for her special day!

A beautiful table at which to a drink to toast her love and friendship.

Image from Country Living Via Summer Picnic Wedding

 Perhaps a fresh squeezed orange juice or a "mom-osa" and some espresso.


Photo by Pine Cones and Acorns


Mom-Osa from Southern Living



Then a Vidalia Onion Tart which could be served for a light lunch or dinner too.



Some healthy yogurt and berries.



Last but not least something sweet, a coffee cake, pancakes or a family favorite. My mom loves cinnamon rolls, they remind her of her mom, so I would probably make the family recipe for those. 

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls made by me!

Or for those who do not like cinnamon rolls, a Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake, or a Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake, or a Cinnamon Cocoa Coffee Cake or even better a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake.

Cinnamon Cocoa Coffee Cake

Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake


Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake made by me.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

I could go on and on and on with the sweet part of brunch, but if you have any ideas for sweet, savory or perhaps even a champagne cocktail let me know. I am always open to suggestions.





10 comments:

  1. Good morning sweet Elizabeth! I miss my mother terribly. She has been gone 27 years now and it's still painful, but I have learned a great deal about myself, and that is what life does in this CYCLE we are in. Happy day my dear, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those coffee cakes...yum! Your menu sounds perfect, I bet the onion tart is divine. We are having brunch but unfortunately my parents are going visit my grandmother, so she will be here with me in spirit until we see each other in a few weeks.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are hoping for a beautiful sunny day here in Texas as we all spend the day together, outdoors if we are fortunate. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful mother's day! What lovely brunch ideas!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a sweet daughter! Oh my...all those goodies, look so yummy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness all that looks good. I am starving. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...your food always looks so delicious...it is hard dieting while looking at those goodies. I am officially putting off celebrating Mother's Day for two weeks, when I will have two of my three children at home. It will be a quiet Sunday for me...Thanks for sharing these delights!

    What are you reading these days? I need a good book recommendation! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look delicious. I hope all goes well for the day.

    I'll be thinking of my mother especially... but there's no more of those days for us now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elizabeth, I haven't eaten breakfast yet.. I'm starving and will need to eat immediately after seeing all of this delicious food! Your cinnamon rolls look so good and I'm loving all of this Mother's Day inspiration. I hope you enjoy the weekend:)

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Elizabeth, I am excited for you both when you will finally be able to celebrate together! What a blessing....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...