Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Details of Life and "Ladies Having Tea"


Good morning! I hope that you had a great weekend, did you enjoy your Father's Day?



 I had a wonderful time with family and friends and am happy to be back catching up with you. I miss not reading your blogs and hearing the details of your life. 





Recently while visiting Google Art Project looking at some of my favorite paintings I realized as I zoomed in that I was missing out on so many of the details, the folds of a dress, the violin on the piano, the gondolia out the window, the rug scrunched up on the floor. 



I think that life is like that sometimes, so busy that we miss the details. 


 But then a holiday comes along to remind us to stop and smell the roses as they say.  




To take the time to linger over a meal with our parents, actually listen when talking to friends instead of thinking of our own response, to take it all in because life is short and someday all we will have is the memories. 




"The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all of the details of daily life."
~William Morris~



I hope you enjoy the details of your day! I am off to catch up on all of your projects, holidays, adventures, and more. 

6 comments:

  1. I hate to miss out on the details of life, I really do! And being in a rush is often the culprit of missing all of the fun. But a cup of tea? That requires that you sip it in order for it to be what is should be: a time to stop and think. I miss you dear one! Enjoy the time you do have to stop, think and drink in all the details. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pausing for a cup of tea.. Beautiful details and such gorgeous color! Thanks for sharing Elizabeth. Enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful way to share an important message. Using the details of one of your favorite paintings as a call to slow down and 'see' the moments before us is so effective. It's a way of life I strive for. Thanks for sharing such lovely thoughts.
    Leslie aka Gwen Moss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth...I just adore this post on so many levels! First, as an art lover, it is so cool that you are able to see the details like that through Google Art Project. I have been on the site but never approached it this way. Secondly, the metaphorical "seeing the details" is something I constantly need to remind myself to do. Thank you for this lovely post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying my evening cup of delicious tea while perusing the pictures on your blog. It has taken me 56 years to learn to slow down, but I am getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a striking looking painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...