Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Father's Day Barbeque

Good morning! I hope that you are having a wonderful week so far. I am. The weather is fabulous and I will be spending the weekend with family. It cannot get any better than that.



Sunday is Father's Day and although I will not be spending the day with my dad I decided to make a menu that he would love, a good old fashioned barbeque. 

Image Pottery Barn

I think we will start with either a Smoked Brisket or perhaps a Grilled Molasses Flank Steak.


Grilled Flank Steak

Smoked Brisket from Country Living

To accompany our beautiful grilled meats one or more delicious potato salads. After all, what is a picnic or a barbeque without potato salad? Personally, I think it is the best part.


"Best" Potato Salad Ever from Country Living

Fingerling Potato Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Bacon from Country Living

Another side and favorite of mine is baked beans. I think it is fun to experiment with baked bean recipes and they are so many great ones out there. Do you have a family recipe? Or one that is your "go to" recipe?


Ranch Beans with Bacon
Beer Baked White Beans from Martha Stewart

Then of course some blue cheese cole slaw and corn on the cob!

Blue Cheese Cole Slaw from Bon Appetit


Grilled Corn on the Cob from Better Homes and Gardens

Don't forget to save room for dessert. My dad's favorite is chocolate cake and he makes a delicious one with lots of frosting, just the way I like it. 

Once Upon A Chocolate Life

Banana Cake Pine Cones and Acorns Blog

Once Upon A Chocolate Life

Once Upon A Chocolate Life

All Chocolate Recipes on Once Upon A Chocolate Life Blog HERE


I hope that whatever you do for Father's Day you have a great day!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering why I was seeing so many pins about Fathers day, it seems you celebrate much earlier than we do. Fathers day is celebrated on the first Sunday in September here in Australia. My favourite potato salad recipe has bacon, boiled chopped eggs and a sour cream dressing. Have a great weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH THOSE WHITE BEANS! They look WONDERFUL! And have a super day with your father my dear friend. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so delicious...you have inspired me to plan something really special for a Father's Day dinner. Thanks, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds perfect! I know it will be wonderful. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mouth is watering, my dear! :)))
    It will be scrumptious....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm ravenously hungry!

    Not so much so for baked beans... I don't care for beans in general.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...