Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Recipe Ideas?


Good morning!



I don't know about you, but in the summer I just do not feel like cooking and or often times eating. Perhaps because its just too hot.


When I do cook I often times make many of the same recipes, salads, easy pasta recipes, and grilled vegetables. 



This year I would like to try some new recipes and I am hoping that you can help. Do you have any "go to" recipes that you would be willing to share with us?


The recipes can be for dessert(my favorite), drinks, savory dishes(my husbands favorite) or whatever you like. 


I have been looking on Pinterest and have found many interesting things. But I would like to have some recipes from people that I know and trust. I know from following many blogs that there are a lot of great cooks and bakers out there. 



In the next few weeks we will be celebrating graduations, Father's Day, wedding showers, barbeque's, summer guests and more and I am sure that we can all use a little help. 


Please share your links or recipe ideas in the comment section so that we can all take advantage of your tried and true, tasty treats!



I am looking forward to trying out your ideas.  Thank you for sharing!



Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. Good morning dear one! You are getting me to think about this, for in the summer, I TOO don't feel like cooking 'cause it can feel like a steam bath over here!

    I will give it some thought. In the meantime, I hope you are well and that some warmth and sun is going your way! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today we are having a beautiful day here and I am inspired by all the fresh produce at a local market to grill veggies and enjoy dinner outside on the patio.
    When it heats up, then cooking or creating "more heat" does not appeal to me, se we try to eat salads or grill out.
    pve

    ps. - "bird's nest fern" is the name of that fern I posted on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Elizabeth -
    During the summer months, Tom likes to grill marinaded kabobs: chicken, shrimp, onions, peppers, etc. And I love simple pasta salads. So looking forward to fresh tomatoes with basil and mozzarella cheese! Enjoy all your events!
    Take care,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luscious!!!! Magazine quality images are making me hungry!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth...anything light and fresh works for me! Your pictures are all mouth watering!! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, This time of year my favorite is a good spicy gazpacho. I am hoping this weekend the farmer's market will have the first of this season's tomatoes. I make up a 2 quart container and enjoy it all week. I hope you are having a good week. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I'm not a cook myself... and the one that first comes to mind is a winter dish, for making on a cold day, something called hutspot:

    http://www.instructables.com/id/Hutspot-yummy-Dutch-winterfood-for-people-who-can/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...