Friday, July 19, 2013

Favorites on Friday From The Arbuturian, Chocolate & Co, Design Chic, Gwen Moss, The Chocolate Hog and More

A hot and happy Friday to you. I won't go on about the weather as I know that many of us are "enjoying" record heat and humidity I will just say that I hope cooler weather is on the way. I will even settle for rain as long as the temperatures go below 80. 

Image Pine Cones and Acorns

Friday is as you know my favorite day of the week, the promise of a lazy weekend, more time to read  and my "favorites on Friday" from around the web.  


Poached Salmon Image and Recipe The Arbuturian

Seafood is a favorite summer food for many and this recipe based on one from the 1600's, yes 1600,  looked very interesting. You can find this recipe and many other things at at The Arbuturian.



Blue and white is a favorite of many and I discovered Livia Marin and her beautiful art from Messy Nessy Chic.  If you would like to see her work and to learn about the artist,  Livia Marin and her other works just follow the link.  

Do you enjoy looking at house and interiors? Me too! This post from Design Chic has me thinking that I need a summer cottage.


Image Design Chic

If you have been reading magazines or blogs for the last six hears, than you have seen copies of  I Married Adventure by Osa Johnson, on tables, bookcases, and even made into handbags. Visit Art by Karena and find out a little about the story behind the book, as well as an opportunity to win the pillow below.


Image from Art by Karena


I am not alone in taking joy from a little baking and a little chocolate, OK sometimes a lot. Lucky for me this week I discovered not one, but two chocolate blogs.

Image from Chocolate & Co

 If you can, try to resist visiting,  The Chocolate HogChocolate & Co.. The recipes and photos are incredible, I felt like licking my computer screen. Rest assured I did resist. 
.
Once last things before I send you off to enjoy your day, my absolute FAVORITE post this week was not about food, or art but it was about life and Finding Joy in the Ordinary. It was written by Leslie who writes the blog Gwen Moss. I hope you go over and read her post but make sure that you bring a tissue or two.



Enjoy your weekend! And if you need a little something chocolate that is easy and does not require and oven, visit Once Upon A Chocolate Life and try out my Nutella Dark Chocolate Cereal Treats or for something equally as tasty and easy Panna Cotta with Raspberries.




7 comments:

  1. Good morning my friend!

    I love Leslie's blog over at Gwen Moss; the others I need to go and visit, but I love how each one of us has something specific and of course, unique to share. Hoping you are enjoying a much cooler day? I think we will. Yesterday was unbearably hot! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely links. The foodie links are the first on my list to visit and just saved your gorgeous recipe as raspberries are my fav fruit.
    Thank you also for the lovely comments over at mine.
    Have a lovely weekend and keep cool x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I so enjoyed Gwen Moss, beautiful and heartfelt writing. I look forward to returning. Thank you for introducing. Do stay cool. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a rainy day. Happy Friday! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are such a sweetheart Elizabeth. What a kind gesture. I'm just so appreciative to have people like you coming by my blog. It's funny how we find each other in this crazy-big blog world, but I count you as one of my special "finds."
    xo
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely photos and links to begin my weekend!

    Have you read "A Beautiful Day" by Elin Hilderbrand...great summer read.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth!
    WOW!
    You have fed us so many healthy helpings of inspiration and dessert to boot! Thank you!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    ~Lynne
    withLove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. where to begin!??
    love everything you posted, everything........off to investigate
    debra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...