Friday, July 26, 2013

Favorites on Friday from Twigg Studios, Lost Past Remembered, Poppy Talk and More

 It's Friday again, goodness where does the time go? I am happy to have you here for another "favorites on Friday" where I like to share my favorite finds from blogs, the web and more. 

My favorite things...magazines, tea and flowers.

As I was looking through my long list of favorites for the week, two things became apparent, I must have been very hungry this week and I have vacation destinations on my mind.



This fabulous vacation home rental  in the UK caught my eye, from It's Overflowing and stunning photos from Cachemiere et Soie of her trip to the Bahamas makes me want to grab a fruity drink and plop down in the sand with a book.


Image Lost Past Remembered

Lost Past Remembered shared her wonderful holiday to the Peak Districk in the UK, as well as, the stunning country house that she stayed in, Manor Farm. This house seems as if it could be in a Jane Austen novel, it is romantic, authentic, and has beautiful gardens.


It looks Like White

Image from It Looks Like White

I discovered my dream cottage on It Looks Like White. If I did not mention it before one of my dreams in life is to live in a thatched cottage on a loch in Scotland. Although this cottage is not in Scotland, the cottage itself is what I am sure that I want mine to look like. It is beautifully decorated, has a wonderful garden and a thatched roof, what more could a girl ask for? I think you will enjoy this little gem so much you might like one of your own.



Twigg Studios Lemon Tarts


Twigg Studios English Crumpets


I have been a fan and a follower of Twigg Studios for a while and each and every time I visit I am in awe of the food, the photo styling and the blog. Both of these recipes for lemon tarts and English crumpets caught my eye this week.


Cookie Crumbs and Sawdust

I do not know about you but sometimes I get a craving for something and there is no stopping me until I have made it. This week it was cheesecake, so I will be making the above no-bake cheesecake from Cookie Crumbs and Sawdust this weekend. I have never tried a no-bake cheesecake before and am anxious to compare the taste to the traditional recipe.


Image from Good Bones, Great People


Interior design fascinates me, the process, the client/designer relationship, the furniture, fabrics and more. If you are like me and would like to know which books are the "go to" books for information and inspiration than visit Susan and Lauren at Good Bones Great Pieces.
I discovered a new blog this week,  Things Your Mother Would Have Told You. As you can tell from the title, which is also going to be a book, it is filled with information about cooking, baking, DIY and tid bits that have been passed from generation to generation. I cannot wait for the book!

Photo by J. Aaron Greene via Poppy Talk

And last but not least, this impressive project from Poppy Talk. Doesn't this decoupage chest look like an interesting project? I have done a few small projects, like these pumpkins last year, but I am not sure that I am ready to tackle something this big. I will have to give it some thought.

As always I hope that you found something new and interesting, and if you have something to share please do. We all love new adventures, book, recipes and more.

Enjoy your weekend.


P.S: Feeling like a little chocolate? Check out Once Upon A Chocolate Life to see my new recipe for Skor Bar Chocolate Cheesecake. Delicious if I do say so myself!

8 comments:

  1. Hello there my dear one. All the images here are so wonderful, and Deana from Lost Past Remembered is a super cook and blogger! I am on the run, but I must visit Deane now to say hi. YOU MUST go visit Jade at White and Shabby. She captures summer time in Bavaria so well. HAVE A GOOD ONE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, one of my dreams
    is to rent a cottage in Scotland
    for a few weeks in the summer!
    One of my best friends, who is
    a New Zealander who was originally
    from Scotland, shares my vision,
    so someday we hope to actually
    DO IT : ) !!!

    Yummy post ~ we love so many of
    the same things. Thanks for sharing
    all this loveliness!

    Happy Weekend,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, All of your finds look wonderful. I can't wait to check out each one. When I saw the thatched roofed cottage I fell in love. I have loved thatched roofs (no matter how impractical) since touring the english countryside so many years ago. I hope you have fabulous plans for the weekend. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth I had to come by and see what you've been reading this past week. These are some beautiful images and those recipes--especially the lemon tart--look amazing. And I agree, I love that cottage too! Hope you have a great weekend.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely links. They have all been duly noted for exploring ;-)
    A thatched cottage is my dream abode also (altho' have heard some horror stories of roofs catching alight during heatwaves etc).
    I have made baked and unbaked cheesecakes and prefer unbaked; they don't feel quite so heavy. Would be interested to hear what you think.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never saw english muffins look so darn good AND pretty! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you liked the farm... it was a slice of heaven that I want to keep in my pocket and pull out whenever I'm on city overload.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That house definitely has a Jane Austen look to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...