Thursday, September 26, 2013

Maine Finds and The Fabulous Find

Good morning! As you know from yesterdays post I spent the last week in Maine and in addition to taking in all of the breathtaking views I did manage a little shopping.



After all a person needs a souvenir or two to remember their trip by. I visited the boutiques, a flea market, and even a thrift store. Although I saw many things I was limited by space, I brought a small suitcase and frankly I did not want to ship anything home. I should have rethought that but I guess there will be more for next time. 




One of the things I always buy is art and these are the pieces that I found. Two water colors which are about 30 years old and I think pretty well done, although I am no expert. 




And two small acrylic painting of walnuts because they felt like Fall to me. What do you collect when you travel? Art, dishes, silver, blue and white pieces, bags, vintage clothing? 



The thrift store that I mentioned above is a must if you are in Kittery, Maine. It is a wonderful shop that I chanced upon called The Fabulous Find and that is what it is, "a fabulous find." As you open the door you feel as if you are stepping into quaint boutique and are greeted like an old friend. The store is beautifully decorated and merchandised and it is filled to the brim with antiques, art, linens, needlepoint pillows, books, clothing and more.




There are beautiful tablescapes that look as if they are awaiting a family to sit and enjoy a holiday dinner. Bookcases filled with vignettes of books, art, transfer ware and more. Chairs artfully arranged with needlepoint pillows where you feel as if you could curl up with a book from the nearby bookcases and while away the day with a cup of tea. In addition to the home decor there are clothes, shoes and bags for both men and women.

 The store is staffed by the most delightful,  friendly and helpful ladies who are proud not only to tell you about their store but also to tell you about the difference they are making in their community.

The Fabulous Find, after paying it's administrative costs has donated over $300,000 to local charities including but not limited to, the Center for Wildlife, New Hampshire SPCA, The Animal Welfare Society, Footprints Food Pantry, Fuel and More, Kittery Womenade, A Safe Place, York Hospital's Community Health Connection, Kittery Holiday Baskets and Seacoast Repertory Theatre in 3 years! 

I am always ready to shop and even more so when the profits benifit so many animals and people in need. If you find yourself in or passing through Kittery, Maine please stop at The Fabulous Find, not only will you find something fabulous you will be helping so many in need. 

The Fabulous Find 
122 State Road
Kittery, Maine


Do you have any "Fabulous Finds" from your holidays or places that I need to visit on my next trip to Maine? I would love to hear your suggestions!

I hope that you have a wonderful day!


NOTE: I have no affiliation with The Fabulous Find, I was simply taken by the kindness and hard work of the ladies that run this store. I was not paid by them and all opinions stated are my own. 

6 comments:

  1. Very lovely and charming paintings!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Good old Kittery, Maine! Been there many times. I wonder if Mom and Pop's seashell shop is still there....what fond memories and what great finds you have my friend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Maine but I have family that has been and they say it is just wonderful. Glad you had a great time!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to find local art. The landscapes is especially lovely. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...