Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkin Tortellini and the Comfort Foods Of Fall

Good morning! I hope that you had a great weekend! I did, for several reasons one of which was that it was the first time since April that we could open the windows. It was heavenly to have the soft breeze scented with freshly mowed grass, the occasional barbecue, and the sounds of crickets and birds waft in and out of the house. 

Pumpkin Tortellini made by me. Recipe from Food Network

Although summer officially lasts for another week I am already getting ready to "nest" and this week I am going to show you all of the comforts of nesting at home, from food, drinks, throws and more.



This weekend I did experiment with a pumpkin recipe, although I promised myself that I would wait I could not resist. Pumpkin is one of my favorite things to eat and in the Fall much to the annoyance of my husband I try to put it into everything.


RECIPE for Pumpkin Tortellini HERE

I made Pumpkin Tortellini and it was scrumptious; a creamy sauce with a hit of nutmeg and sage, the perfect accompaniment to cheese tortellini. The pumpkin taste is subtle, almost indistinguishable when mixed with the spice and the cheese so if you are not a huge fan of savory of pumpkin dishes you should try this recipe because you just might like it or frankly not even know it is there. 

In addition to pumpkin tortellini I find comfort on a cool day in chili's, soups, pasta's and more. After all doesn't a warm meal on a cool day make everyone smile?

Pumpkin Chili

French Onion Soup

Pumpkin Blue Cheese Macaroni

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

Tuscan Bean Soup

Pumpkin Ricotta Shells

Chicken Brie Artichoke Soup
Easy Macaroni and Cheese

These are but a few of my favorite Fall foods. What about you? What are your favorite comfort foods? Do you have any recipes to share for soups, pasta or warm cheesy creations? All of the foods above have been posted here before, some are oldies but goodies and some are new. The links to the posts and recipes are under the photos.

I hope that you have a fabulous day!

Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style
Ivy&Elephants
Katherines Corner
Lamberts LAtely
Common Ground
French Country Cottage
Rattlebridge Farm
Rooted in Thyme

13 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering...every single recipe sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HERE IT IS! FALL and all its comforts, and who does it better than you Elizabeth. We share the same love of foods (oh those soups!) and let's get started. It just started getting cool yesterday and I prefer this to sweltering hot any day.

    Now off to school in my coat! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you come to my house and help me do all this? xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin tortellini looks SO good...I love anything with pumpkin or butternut squash.

    Have a lovely day, Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, the indian corn is my favorite there! LOVE thats stuff!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm definitely going to try that pumpkin tortellini! It looks so good. I'm pumpkin crazy myself!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, So many of these are favorites. I love pumpkin....anything. Thanks for sharing. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and delicious post! I think you are I are on the same page...welcome fall! I love this season and always try new pumpkin recipes. I will be trying this tortellini. I am so glad your weather has finally cooled down. Enjoy this first (almost) week of fall.
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumkin chili and pumpkin blue cheese macaroni has me wanting to eat dinner again...yum!! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mouth is watering....
    I want to taste everything, Elizabeth! I think I'll try to make the tortellini...looks so divine.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those food but Indian corn is my fav. Looks so yummy.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. my mouth is watering, that pumpkin tortellini looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...