Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering 9-11



 I was thinking this morning about September 11, 2001.  I know where I was sitting, what I was doing and how for days after I could not move from the TV; the towers, the planes and the heartbroken faces of those searching for their lost loved ones. 

Today I hope everyone takes a minute from their busy life to remember the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandparents and loved ones who got up on a beautiful, clear, sunny September day to head off to work or to their daily life and never came home. 

Life changes in an instant...and yet 12 years later it seems like it was yesterday.

To all those who lost their lives in Washington, D. C, Pennsylvania and New York, and their loved ones, I am thinking of you today. 


6 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I, too, remember exactly where I was at the moment the first plane hit. This morning as I sat, at the same traffic light I couldn't help but remember how helpless and sad I felt. It most definitely a day to pause. Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of this day here in Australia, you are right when i remember it seems just like yesterday that I transfixed to my tv screen watching this horror unfold. This day holds joy for me as well, my four year old grandson was born on this day, a day I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember it was the most beautiful day and I was taking a walk with my best buds. One of their hubby's came up and told us the awful news. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a call to turn on the television. Not long after that, the second plane hit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does seem like yesterday, doesn't it....
    The emotions are just as strong.
    Bless you, dearest, for your tribute.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...