Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Secret Gardens



"If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”
~Frances Hodgson Burnett~
Secret Garden~



 Good morning! Can I ask you something? Are you a person that looks behind the gates and hedges while walking along? Hoping to find a beautiful space or a secret garden? I am and find myself doing it in my neighborhood, when I travel or wherever there looks like there is something to see. 



 Sometimes there are magical spaces behind the gates, filled with flowers and vines. 


Other times their are moss covered paths or manicured lawns. 




Glimpses of spaces shared with family and friends.


Or bursts of color and interesting urns. 



Statues of fairies, and nymphs.



Fountains and forts for our fine feathered friends. 



Flowers and blooms for flying friends; bees and butterflies darting here and there and everywhere.  




There is more often than not something wonderful to see when you peer through the slats of the old weathered gate. 



Look beyond the white picket fence and who knows  what you will find. 


Perhaps something beautiful, magical or just the beauty of the ordinary. 




Whatever the case, I hope that as the calendar seems to speed up at this time of year that you stop to enjoy the beauty of life. 

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. This is a most wonderful post, it made me want to stop and take a breath. Thank you for your wonderful photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love getting a peek at into someone's garden and looking for inspiration. Beautiful photos!
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photographs, I feel as though I've taken an enchanting walk with you. Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love getting a peek behind someone's fence. Well, you certainly saw some neat things when you looked. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love a secret garden! They make me want to hide inside with a great book!

    I hope you are having a lovely day, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots!

    I first read the Secret Garden for a children's lit class in university, and found myself wishing I'd read it years before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've captured some lovely gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous gardens and I love this time of year outdoors...the first image with the slate path is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a small secret garden (its now overgrown) but there is something about that space that kind of brings me to another place..I love just sitting there and basking in the peace..beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post! And so very true! Have a great week, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...