Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Last Tango in Halifax

Good morning! I hope you are having a great week, I feel as if this week is d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g  along, thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. 

Derek Jacobi image source via PBS

I am curious what have you been watching on Sunday evening to fill in the weeks until Downton Abbey returns? I have been glued to PBS watching a documentary on Winston Churchill, a series called Secrets of the Manor about four of the most well-know houses in England (Chatsworth, Highclere Castle, Althorp and one of Henry VIII's castles), the Bletchley Circle and for the next few weeks The Last Tango in Halifax.

Image from The Guardian

The Last Tango in Halifax tells the story of  Alan and Celia, childhood sweethearts, who were estranged for nearly sixty years, then reconnect on Facebook and decide to marry after just one date. The show features fabulous actors, romance, life, family complications and more. Frankly I loved it, I am happy that so many in Britain liked it because apparently there is to be a season two. I should warn you, this is not Shakespeare,  it is light hearted (for the most part) amusing and entertaining, all of the requirements of a Sunday night TV show to get me ready to start the new week. 


Image Source

Have you been watching it? If not you can stream it online or tune in to your local PBS station on Sunday evening. By the way if you have not seen the others I mentioned I highly recommend them as well.

Have you found something interesting or amusing to watch? I would be interested to hear your suggestions.

I hope that you have a fabulous day! 

8 comments:

  1. Have seen previews and such but have not seen it....haven't had much time for TV and normally I watch the news but lately that's been depressing too so just as well don't have a lot of free time:)

    Do LOVE Downton Abbey though and will always make the time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I'm always so
    happy to receive your
    recommendations, as our
    taste is so similar. I meant
    to record this show and
    forgot, so hopefully I can
    find it later on Amazon
    Instant or Netflix. Darn!

    Have a happy Thursday and
    a cozy weekend. A cool front
    just swept in, here, so now
    I'm ready to admit that fall is
    on her way.....

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed watching Last tango in Halifax here in Australia over our last holiday break, I'm eagerly waiting for season two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D This sounds like a cute series. I'll try to find it on Apple TV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of it, but I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendation...I have to confess we have been catching up on the decidedly low brow "Breaking Bad" and I am seriously addicted to it. Once that is over, I seriously need something a little more relaxing to watch!

    Enjoy your day, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elizabeth, for some reason I have completely missed even knowing of this one. Unusual, because I'm a big fan of PBS programs. I'll have to check it out; sounds like something I would enjoy. Looking forward to January and Season 4 of Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't watched any of those. My husband and I have been catching up on old shows - The Wire, Breaking Bad, and my dad just recommended Blue Bloods. I am so mad at Downton Abbey about last season, even though I know it's not their fault. I don't know if I can bring myself to watch. (Who am I kidding - of course I'll watch!)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...