Saturday, October 19, 2013

Baking Bread and Rolls Today

 Good afternoon! I am baking up a storm. It is a grey rainy day, and I am trying my hand at a few new yeast recipes that I want to make over the upcoming holidays. So far, so good, things are raising or is it rising, just as they should be. 



Although I am trying a few new things I always go back to what I know and these cinnamon rolls are a family favorite from way, way back. In fact my grandmother made them for my mom.



Don't tell anyone I said this but I think that the cinnamon rolls that I made last year using the Rhodes Sweet Dough are just as good, after all, to me it is all about the quality of the ingredients and the amount of cinnamon and gooey goodness. 



If you would like to take a shortcut and make some delicious and easy rolls click HERE, and tomorrow morning you will have some tasty treats. I am off to make some Breadsmith pumpkin bread.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, wish I was sitting in your
    kitchen with a steaming mug of
    something good, inhaling the
    fragrance of cinnamon and keeping
    you company as you roll out
    the dough. Throw in a rainy day
    and I'm in total nirvana : )

    I use Rhodes Dough in our Christmas
    morning oohy-gooey family recipe
    rolls. You are right, the dough is good
    and a perfect vehicle for all of that
    yummy stuff that goes on top and
    inside!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    my friend.

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining here too my dear! We took a long walk in the drizzle out by the lakes, so it was chilly enough to feel FUN, like when you were a kid....then I came home and flopped and took a great nap, wrote the beginning of a poem and now visiting you. My stomach is rumbling now so I think I should at least go make dinner, but these rolls.....OH DEAR, I love a yeasty bread! HAVE FUN! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a rainy week in London....wish I was sitting there in your kitchen right now enjoying these delicious looking rolls! I adore anything that has cinnamon in it....you can't buy sweet dough here but I have made these cinnamon rolls before & you've reminded me how good they were. I must try them again soon :)
    Have a lovely week-end Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Sounds like wonderful comfort food. I have been craving comfort food lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice way to spend the day! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could smell your pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinnamon rolls are one of life's great pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are killing me, Elizabeth!!! These look so good I don't know if I can wait until I have a house full to share them with (but I will end up eating the whole pan myself).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...