Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Around the House



Good morning! I hope that your week is going well. The sun has been shining and things are starting to look a little like Fall and sound like it too; the crunch of the leaves makes me smile as I take my morning walk. The weather though is back in the 80's and humid so I do not know when I will be smelling the first fire of the season wafting on the crisp air.




None of that is stopping me from adding a few pumpkins to the decor but I think I had better stop soon, otherwise people will think I am starting a farm stand in the house.





Although I prefer the white, pale green and pink pumpkins I find myself drawn to the orange ones too. They remind me of many happy times with my siblings. We always had a carving contest a few days before Halloween, and were so proud of our little creations as they were lit on the porch for all of the trick or treater's to see.




My mom always roasted the seeds and made delicious pumpkin treats for us to eat. 





Every once in a while I still make my husband carve a pumpkin or two with me to set on my own porch. As for roasting the seeds, mine never turn out the way I remember. 





Are you a big Fall decorator? Or do you prefer to save your energy for the up coming holidays?





I was reading in a magazine recently about people that begin decorating for Christmas the day after Halloween! I LOVE Christmas but that is a little to early even for me. 





I want to savor the sights, sounds, and flavors of the harvest. 



My pup is not really into the holidays, can you tell? It could be one of two things, we don't share the candy corns or she doesn't want to be dressed as a hot dog again. 






I would love to see your Fall decorations or recipes so do share your links so that we can find them. 

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet pup is just loving the warm cuddles and blankets, while WE enjoy all the fabulous PUMPKINS AND GOOD FOOD! Hi Elizabeth! Aren't you just loving all these super white and gray pumpkins? Mine are still good, but I guess by Thanksgiving, they'll be rotten!

    Enjoy your day. I have two days off from school but with several French papers to grade. At least I'll be here in the coziness of home. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your fall touches, and those gray green pumpkins are my favorites!! I cannot believe its 80- wow!! I am like you, I want fall to FEEL like fall:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful decorations Elizabeth! Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your decorations. Crows can be such fun birds to watch - love that little one you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos, Elizabeth! I don't have one fall decoration this year, something I hope to remedy this weekend. I have to see if I can find the white and gray pumpkins - they are so pretty. I also LOVE your acorn photo!

    Have a lovely day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your pretty pictures... esp the pumpkins and the crow (I love crows!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, I love all the autumn decorations, and leave them up until the day after Thanksgiving when I bring home my Christmas tree. I love Christmas, but I wait. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pup is so cute and ours don't want to be dressed as hot dogs again either!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't blame the pup under the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I won't be sharing any Autumn decorations with you, you see we are in the middle of Spring. Let me tell, you it has been the weirdest Spring that I can remember, very strong winds almost every day, and in parts of the country high tempretures, unusual for this time of year. Around Sydney in the Blue Mountains fireman are struggling to control bush fires which have take homes and at this point one life. If this is Spring I'm not looking forward to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your decor, dear Elizabeth, but I must admit my favorite image is of your sweet pup...those eyes!!! :))
    This year I am doing something new with the pumpkins, and it involves a ton of glitter...yikes...I can't help it, I love sparkle....
    Hugs to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...