Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Favorites from Champage & Macaroons, Providence Design, Coty Farquhar, Patchwork Harmony and More

Good morning! Have you had a good week? Are you ready for the weekend? Probably a stupid question because I do not think I have ever heard anyone say no. I am always ready for the weekend, even if I have a list a mile long of things I ave to do.

My favorite Halloween treat. Photo me.

This week I have so many favorites it was hard to narrow it down. Fall and Halloween preparations are in full swing and there are an abundance of  ideas for treats, costumes, family get togethers and more.


Image from Patchwork Harmony


If you are making treats for your kids to keep or give to friends, then you must check out these treat pouches from Patchwork Harmony. There is a great tutorial as well as the printables to go with it so that you can create your own little pouches. 

Image from Julie Leah via Oh Happy Day

Although I do not have kids I can certainly appreciate a great costume when it arrives at the door on Halloween. For the little fasionista in your life this Anna Wintour costume is adorable, made by Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day, I spotted it on Julie Leah. If you would like to see the costumes they made of Grace Coddington, Andre Leon Talley and more visit Oh Happy Day.




I for one love all of the flavors of fall, especially if the recipe involves sugar or cheese. AllRecipes.com has compiled hundreds of both sweet and savory recipes in one place (HERE) for you to whip up everything from Fall chili, to pumpkin cake, to iced sugar cookies. 


Image Here

Styling Magazine October by Coty Farquhar, stunning! If you have not read it yet, put it on your list for the weekend. The theme for this month is blue, everything from Wedgwood, to a grandmother and granddaughter spending a day at the deep blue sea, to beautiful clothing and interiors.

Image fromMaison de Lin via Chateau de Deulin

A little arm chair traveling to visit the beautiful Chateau de Deulin from Maison de Lin.



Perhaps a Personal Pear Gallette from Champagne & Macaroons, easy and delicious!


Image Providence Design

I realize that I have been droning on about Fall and Halloween but it never hurts to be prepared for Christmas.  These one of a kind, mini-stockings made from vintage fabric are available at Providence Design. If you like them you should order early, before they sell out. 

Take ten minutes and listen to A Speech that will change the way you think about adulthood on Up Worthy by David Forester Wallace. 




I hope that you have a fabulous, Fall weekend! Please share you favorites, books, movies, recipes, and more. 

6 comments:

  1. Good morning sweet friend! Aren't you enjoying this month? I AM! I had yesterday off and today as well, and some slow walks and even a nap later are in serious order! Enjoy it all, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pint sized Anna Wintour, how cute! Those cheesecake bites coudl be the end of me, I have no willpower around such delectable treats. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love all of these links, especially the tiny Anna Wintour! My afternoon will be shot following through all of them and enjoying all the goodness you have shared!

    Have a lovely weekend, Elizabeth!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cheesecake bars would have me over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great post. Love the link to David Wallace. And those Halloween pouches are too adorable. I don't know about Styling Magazine either, I shall definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pear gallette and those Christmas stockings are beautiful.
    Have a glorious weekend dear Elizabeth

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...