Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Favorites from Averie Cooks, The Zhush, Momental, and More.

Good morning! Did you survive Halloween? Did you have a rush of kids stampeding to your door for some tasty treats? I did not have one trick or treater. I did have a huge bowl of candy waiting but I guess they do not like to go off the beatin' path so now my plan to only buy candy I do not like leaves me with a big bowl of candy I do not like. 


Now that Halloween is over and I am now in my Thanksgiving and Christmas mode what about you? I have menus to plan, last minute gifts to wrap, and decorations to ponder. 

Image from Averie Cooks

I found the perfect recipe for Overnight Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls on Averie Cooks and I will be making them this afternoon so that I can bake them on Saturday when my arrives. They are going to be the first in a series of taste tests for holiday breakfast ideas. Don't they look fabulous? I will keep you posted as to how they turn out.

Image Martha Stewart via The Zhush


Sue at The Zhush posted some beautiful holiday table setting inspiration as well as a graphic on where to place all of the seldom used utensils and glasses. This could be very helpful is you are having more of a formal dinner for any of the upcoming holidays. 


Image Kristy Rice Momental


I love watercolors and think that Krisy Rice of Momental is an incredibly gifted painter. I  think her art work and more specifically her iphone cases would be a unique gift for the holidays. 


Image Scott Schuman The Sartorialist Facebook Page


If you have been reading blogs for any amount of time then you are probably familiar with Scott Schuman from The Sartorialists but have you seen his new video series on AOL? If not you should check them out, it is an interesting look at how he takes photographs, where he gets his inspiration and some of his adventures with a bull fighter and fencer to name but a few.


Image Pure Joy Home

I discovered a new blog called Pure Joy Home and it has everything I love in a blog including beautiful photos and fabulous recipes.


Image Sophia's

This past week many bloggers attended the High Point Market in North Carolina. Kristen of the blog Sophia's Decor has a great post on the highlights from her trip.


Image Here

I watched Matching Jack and although it is tear jerker I enjoyed it. I also read, The Ingredients of Love,  and Before I Met You, both books are excellent and fast reads.

I hope that you have a fabulous and relaxing weekend planned!

Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Good morning my dear! Matching Jack? I must look into this! Now that the spooks are gone (we didn't have many), we can think about the comforts of family. Sending you my fondest wishes for a great weekend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odds are the candy you don't like will last while anyway, so you can cast it off at some point in the next couple of weeks to someone with kids...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only had two groups of trick or treaters, but my son is having five friends sleep over on Saturday night to celebrate his 15th b-day, so no doubt the big bowl of Candy will disappear you midnight!

    Thanks for sharing all these lovely finds. The movie is at the top of my list :-)

    Have a wonderful, cozy weekend, Elizabeth!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin cinnamon rolls look scrumptious!!! And, both books look fantastic, too. Thanks for all the links and recommendations!

    Have a great weekend, Elizabeth!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a good movie recommendation so thank you!
    The rolls look DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, I can't wait to see how those rolls turn out, they sound deeeelicious!! I've been looking for a good pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe but a bit wary about trying them out... That phone case is GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing these fun bits and pieces :)
    ~April

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...