Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Favorites from Hananas Sjarmerendejul, Yonks, Dumbwitt and Tellher, and More

Good morning! It is Friday, can I get a "yippee yahoo?" I am looking forward to the weekend, what about you.



I love Fridays for so many reasons but one is compiling my favorite things from around the web to share with you and frankly I love posts like it on other blogs. It is like getting the Sears Christmas Catalog(anyone remember that) every Friday.


Image from Pinterest via Keep Calm and Drink Coffee

Although this week I shared a few Thanksgiving posts, HERE and HERE I already have Christmas on the brain. If fact I am contemplating putting up a few of my Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I have been pinning fast and furiously to one or the other of my seven Christmas boards and can now plan a party, mix drinks, decorate every tree in the house with a different theme, make my own wrapping paper and make a minimum of 100 different kinds of cookies. You have to love Pinterest, it is a font of knowledge!


Image from Hananas Sjarmerendejul (Charming Christmas)

I discovered a new blog this week and I think you will enjoy it too. Hananas Sjarmerendejul, translated Hannas Charming Christmas is just that a charming blog filled to the brim with stunning photos of inventive Christmas ideas.

Image Di from Yonks

I have been arm chair traveling these past two week with Di from Yonks as she and her family rediscover their old "stomping" grounds in Colorado. Di could write a book and fill it with her colorful stories and wonderful photographs, so if you are unfamiliar with her blog, go over and check our Yonks.

I rediscovered an old blog, Space for Inspiration, do you know of it? It is filled with inspiring words and images and written by the lovely Charlotta Ward; I hope her latest post means that she is back for good.  




Two excellent articles from OWN, What Chocolate Can Do For You and 10 Life Lessons to Unlearn.

Image Deb Dumbwitt Tellher

Speaking of life lessons, please read this thought provoking and beautifully written post from Deb at Dumbwit and Tellher, it is one of my favorite posts ever written by a blogger. 




Spend 10 minutes watching this video and I promise that you will smile for the entire day (Video)Best coin ever spent!! 

Please share your links from this weeks, books, music, movies and more, we love hearing about new things.

Have a fabulous weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. Deb's post was absolutely brilliant and her use of the photos gradually rubbing out her face was an added feature that reminds me that it is OK to use photos...I'm struggling with how I use photos to support my writing, since I need to practice more and more on just making the words work for me. Oh what a great post that was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great weekend. I am not even going to that chocolate post...goodness knows I do not need any more excuses as to why chocolate is a must include in my daily diet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks as always for the excellent links...I saw the Dumbwit Tellher one - you are right - one of the best blog posts I have ever seen.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a creative use for a horseshoe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whole catalog, Elizabeth! Your pretty vignette, the bright and yummy images, and...omgoodness gracious amazing Deb!
    Gosh...the Sears Catalog at Christmas. There were three of us...we took turns taking it to bed.
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing your weekly finds. I too remember getting the Christmas catalog. We would spend hours browsing the pages. We called it the Christmas Wish Book. I hope things are going well with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...