Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Tartan Christmas Adventure


Good Morning! I hope you are having a great week. 



I was thinking today about how much I love tartan or plaid or whatever term you use. If could decorate my entire house in it I would. My dream designer is either Scott Meacham-Wood of The Adventures of Tartan Scott or Allison of The Polohouse, their love of tartan matches mine.

Image The Polohouse

By the way each of these incredibly talented designers were featured in magazines this month, Scott in House Beautiful and Allison in Midwest Living


Image Celebrating Everyday Life

Today, I invite you to a "Mad for Plaid" Christmas adventure. Put on your finest plaid frock and join me.

We will go visit good friends,


Image Source


drop our wrap at the door


Image Source

and then sit down for a delicious meal. 

Image The Adventures of Tartan Scott

After which, we can retire to the lounge and sit by the tree

Image The Polohouse


Where we can kick off our shoes

And open our stockings


Image Source


While we share a cup of tea

Image Source

And some cookies.



If we are not too tired we could take a walk with some friends


Image Source


 then share a mug of cocoa 


Image Source

Before our ride home.


Image Source


I hope you enjoyed our little escape as much as I did. Take time this holiday to sit and enjoy all of the little things, the smile of your children, the lights on your tree, a cup of cocoa and some cookies, a beautiful book, some holiday music and the spirit of the holidays.

Have a great day!

If you love plaid as much as I do, visit Allison at The Polohouse she is hosting a plaid party this week. 


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post - I sure wonder how in the world did they make the plaid icing on those cookies? WOW I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! Pinned a bunch of these, they are all so classically elegant, a timeless look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now find myself compelled to listen to bagpipe music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I think with tartans, the more the merrier. I love this classic way to dress up the holiday home! Hope you are having a wonderful week, Elizabeth! xo,L

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning, Elizabeth! I love tartan any time but especially around the holidays!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and pictures too!!! My girlfriend that we are staying with is going to do a room with these kinds of plaids. She loves them!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, Elizabeth! And I think I love plaid as much as you! This has gotten me in the mood for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...