Monday, December 9, 2013

Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread: Christmas Morning Breakfast

Good morning! I always have grand plans for Christmas breakfast, pancakes and waffles, maybe omelets with bacon and sausage. Often times it never works out because we are awake until the wee hours and then up at the crack of dawn with the little ones opening gifts. Usually a few of the adults sneak off to take naps before getting up again in time to help make the afternoon lunch and breakfast is forgotten. 



A make ahead breakfast is always a great idea and this Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread is perfect. You assemble it the night before, takes about ten minutes, refrigerate overnight and then pop in the oven while opening gifts.It doesn't get any easier than this or tastier. This bread is delicious; it is fluffy, sweet, spicy and nutty, just like a cinnamon roll but so much easier. 





Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
Adapted from Taste of Home and Southern Living

Ingredients

1 (2lb)bag of Rhodes Frozen Rolls
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of butter cubed
1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream

11/4 cups chopped pecans
1 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon (more to taste)
1/2 cup of melted butter


Step one: Do this Step the night BEFORE:

Spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside.

 Caramel topping: Place brown sugar, butter and whipping cream into a saucepan, bring to boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring so the mixtures doe not stick. Once combined set aside to cool a little. Pour half of the mixture into to greased Bundt pan, add half of the pecans.

Melt butter in shallow bowl. In a separate bowl mix cinnamon and sugar. Roll each FROZEN dough ball in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture, place dough balls in pan, after each layer sprinkle with pecans. When all the dough  is used up sprinkle left over cinnamon and butter mixture over the dough then pour remaining caramel mixture over the top.  Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. 

In the morning:

Preheat oven to 325. Place Bundt pan on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, the carefully invert onto a platter. BE CAREFUL not to burn yourself. 

NOTE: I doubled the recipe for the caramel and the pecans when I made this because I like a lot of caramel. 




What do you make for Christmas morning breakfast? Share your ideas and recipes please because it is always great to learn about tried and true recipes. 






Have a great day!



7 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love monkey bread and it smells delicious in the oven. Your recipe sounds better than the one I've used in the past;) I'll try this out! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the pecans, which I've never cared for, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fabulous! I am pinning this! I like anything that can be made in advance....and especially anything with pecans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Are you trying to torture me Elizabeth? These photos are causing a serious craving, but thanks for sharing the recipe. It's now on my baking list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Caramel pecan monkey bread? Are you trying to torture me Elizabeth? These photos are causing a serious craving. But I'm so glad you shared this recipe. It's now on my baking list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always have a big breakfast after opening gifts. As the kids arrive there is coffee, Mimosas and Bloody Mary's. I am adding a similar bread as a pre-breakfast snack. Butterscotch Monkey Bread-very similar.

    We have the Eggnog French toast but let it soak overnight. It is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this recipe. I have done this for years. At first I didn't think it would work leaving the bread frozen but it does!! Glad to see it back making the rounds again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...