Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Candied Almonds

Good afternoon! I do not know about you but I am running around like crazy, too much to do and not enough time. I think I have to make a priority list because there are just some things that are not going get finished. One thing that is not going by the wayside though is baking.



If you are looking for an incredibly easy and delicious recipe than this is the one for you. In no time flat your house will be filled with the sweet scent of cinnamon and sugar; almost like the nuts you remember from the fair as a child.




Cinnamon and Sugar Candied Almonds

Ingredients

1 large egg white
1 Tbs. water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar packed
21/2 tsp.. cinnamon
3 cups raw almonds 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a non-stick liner then set aside.
In a small bowl which together egg white and 1 tablespoon of water until frothy, then set aside.
In small bowl combine the two sugars and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the almonds and the egg white, stir until all of the nuts are coated with the egg mixture. Then stir in the sugar mixture and stir until combined and evenly coated.
Spread the almond mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread to an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes then stir the nuts around and return to oven for another 10-15 minutes. 




Are you baking some tasty treats? If so please share your recipes here, I would love to try something new.




In the meantime, I have to get back to work, I am going to battle the line at the post office. Wish me luck.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. I made this exact recipe today, Elizabeth! I am packaging mine up to send to my sister in North Carolina. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad would love these. I can't believe I've never tried them before. thanks for sharing the recipe Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like perfect gifts for the neighbors. I am hoping to get my baking started Friday. Hopefully the shopping will be finished. I had to make my to-do list today. Enjoy the week. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! My mom makes something very similar to this and suffice to say they do not last very long around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH THOSE WERE ALWAYS MY FAVORITES! I must make these before I leave or even out there in L.A.! LOVE TO YOU ELIZABETH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth, Very tasty. I have substituted pecans with wonderful success. Happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...