Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Favorites 12-6-2013 from Censational Girl, TED, Yonks, Shugary Sweets and More

Good morning! Did you remember to put your stocking out last night for St. Nick? I hope when you awoke this morning it was filled with tasty treats. My stocking had an orange and some chocolates in it, just the kinds that I like. 



It has been a very busy week so my list of favorites is a little short.

Image from Censational Girl

If you are looking for Christmas gift ideas, Kate from Centsational Girl has put together a gift giving guide filled with ideas from over 20 blogger's, for kids, friends and family. 


Image from ShopGirl

Once you pick out a few gifts from the Censational Girl gift guide go over and visit Maria at ShopGirl to find the tutorial for making these great cable knit bags from sweaters!




Do you want to be happy? Then slow down and be grateful. This excellent advice from David Steindl-Rast can be vied at TED and is particularly relevant at this time of year. 

My great friend Di at Yonks sent me a link to an excellent article, 10 Ways to Give Back (As a Blogger) This Holiday Season.




Although the flakes are not falling here on a regular basis I am still hopeful that we may see a white Christmas, if we do I would love to be able to capture of few images like THESE, all taken with a regular camera.


Image Sugary Sweets


I have been pinning recipes to try over the long winter and this Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese from Shugary Sweets is my favorite for the week. I cannot wait to make this.


Image Here

Last but not least, aren't these little packages cute? Jeanne at Collage of Life posted them on her Facebook page and I immediately clicked the link to see what was inside. Tessa from 9+16 is not only incredibly talented wrapping and styling Christmas gifts but the cookies inside had my mouth watering. They are now on my list to bake next week. 

I hope you find something new to you and as always please share your links and special finds with us.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. You have me craving baked mac and cheese at 5:30 am! Love the gift wrapped boxes...hope you have a great end to your week and wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elizabeth!

    I hope you are well! Do you have snow? We sure do, and lots of slick roads! Be safe and enjoy! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. That variation on macaroni and cheese sounds delicious, but of course I'm fond of gouda in the first place....

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always a wonderful collection. I am trying my best to reignite my Christmas fire at the present. Schools are closed as we are in the midst of an ice and snow storm. I have lots of time to browse all the lovelies you've shared. Hugs! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these, but that Mac and cheese looks like it is amazing! Be sure to let us know how it is after you make it.

    Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ill take a portion of the macaroni and then you can share your chocolate with me Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...