Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Favorites from The Hip Paris Blog, Quintessence, Everyday Occasions and More



Good morning! I am sure that after the crazy weather this week  all of us could use a few days of rest, relaxation and a minute to regroup. I know that I will be doing just that as we are in for another weekend of snow and cold. 




To say that I LOVE Paris would be an understatement and this week several of my favorite posts were about Paris or France.

Image Pine Cones and Acorns

Many people go to Paris to shop, visit museums or to sample the wine but would you believe another reason is for beer?  The Hip Paris Blog has written a post this week featuring the places to go to sample the best craft beers in Paris. If you are a micro brew fan this is a great article to file away for your next trip to Paris.




Over Twenty years ago Claudia Strasser wrote the book The Paris Apartment which I read cover to cover and imagined myself living in each romantic space, then awaking each morning to go out for my croissant and chocolate chaud  before I was off to work and then back to my perfect little pied a terre. Luckily Claudia writes a daily blog and published Paris Flea Market Style  last year where I can get my fix of all things Parisian. This week she posted the first chapter in what I hope turns into a novel about Madame de Florian's Abandoned Apartment

Image Stacey of Quintessence Blog

Not far from Paris is the beautiful Normandy and this week Stacey of Quintessence posted about the stunning Chateau de Champ de Bataille, lovingly restored and filled with a lifetime of collections by Jacques Garcias.

Image Jenny of Everyday Occasions

Valentines Day will be here before you know it and if you would like to bake your Valentine an easy little treat than visit Everyday Occasions where Jenny shares some great tips for making cinnamon rolls, love bird sugar cookies and floral arrangements. 


Image Better Homes and Gardens

Or if chocolates are more your style Better Homes and Gardens magazine has several great recipes to whip up before the holiday. 

Love knows no bounds not even impending death. A Virginia dad spends what could be his last days making sure that his precious daughter knows how special she is; writing her 800 Notes one for everyday of  school  until she graduates high school. Get out your tissue for this story.


Chocolate Banana Cake made by me!

Will you be watching the Super Bowl? If you need some ideas for tasty snacks and chocolaty treats click  HERE for my post yesterday featuring 15 snack ideas. The skillet nachos are excellent, I made them for dinner last night because I couldn't wait to try the recipe.

I hope that you have a great weekend. Stay safe and enjoy!








8 comments:

  1. My parents have seen Paris. I'd love to go myself someday. For the moment, I must content myself with following three photobloggers who focus on the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first picture, Elizabeth!! Actually, I love anything to do with Paris so the links are right up my alley. I sobbed when reading about the 800 notes...and would pretty much do anything for a piece of your scrumptious looking chocolate cake! Stay warm and have a lovely weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sweet friend! I was unable to make it yesterday morning for my usual fix here chez toi; our weather warranted that I leave super early to work for the snow and roads were so treacherous!

    Paris is a good idea RIGHT NOW, and forever. I wish you sweet dreams of all your favorite locations where all of us can frolic and enjoy the beauty of this world! That chocolate is fabulous! Big hugs my friend, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paris...."sigh". A novel...an abandoned Parisian apartment....sounds delicious! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth - I have just recently returned to Blog land after a long absence and wanted to just stop by and say Hello again! I am so glad to be back with my blogging friends and your blog is just as beautiful as I remember it... I hope you have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh Paris. I have a love/hate relationship with her, but she does keep calling me!
    Di
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what my favorite activity is in Paris? To be...just be... :)
    Thank you again, dear friend, for that gorgeous book, I love it.
    I, too, read the Paris Apartment when it first came out...so dreamy....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth - I somehow missed this when you first posted but just happened upon it today. So a very belated thank you for sharing my visit to Jacques Garcia's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...