Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Resolutions



Good morning! I am back from my little break after having spent every waking moment with my family and my husbands family, talking, laughing, eating, baking, shopping, opening gifts, going to parties and more. I think I need a vacation from my holiday.


Image from Run Lucas Run via Pinterest

I did not make it until midnight, but then again I almost never do if I am doing something quiet at home. Did you? Were you in NY in Times Square with the 1 million other revelers? Or were you somewhere else exciting? Or did you have a quite celebration to ring in the new year and say farewell to the old?

I was thinking today about resolutions as I have been seeing affirmations and "words of the year," as well as, lists all over social media. Oddly, the topic of resolutions never came up in my house this year, I wonder why? Is it because we are getting old, or lazy, or realistic? I am not too sure of the answer to that but in any case there were no resolutions spoken aloud. 
Speaking for myself I can say without a doubt that I will not be making any resolutions and the reason is because the things I would have listed in the past I am content with now. I think that as they say, "with age comes wisdom" and at my age I am smart enough to know that being a size 4 won't make me happy, I will be hungry all the time and my hair will fall out. I know because I have been there and I was hungry all of the time and my hair fell out.


Image from Natural Health Magazine

I really do not want a new life. I love the life and experience that I have had(OK maybe not all of them), after all they are what has shaped me into the person I am. I am happy and looking forward to new adventures, learning new things, spending lots of time with my family and friends, all things I love and do not need a list to remind me to do. 

What about you? Do you make resolutions? Do you have a word for the year? Do you stick to your resolutions? Are they your affirmations for a a happy, healthy new you? Or are you like 88% percent of the people that make resolutions, you have the best of intentions but after a month they go by the wayside?

I hope that if you are making resolutions that you are successful in them. I would love to hear them if you are making them because I have heard that if your speak them aloud and tell friends you are more likely to be successful. I would love to help you stick to your goal.

I hope that you have a fabulous day, stay warm and safe. I am off to shovel some snow.



7 comments:

  1. I wish you so much peace for the new year dearest Elizabeth! Every day is a great start to do at least one thing on our "lists" of wanting to improve our state of being. Before we know it, we can look back every month to see if we've achieved these goals. However we measure our success, the key is to take one step at a time.

    Bless you dear! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Thank you for the inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!! I plan on being better to myself and I would like to get my blog to grow for 2014 once in our new home.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elizabeth,

    I enjoyed reading all the items listed above. I make resolutions on a weekly basis, some are short lived, some take hold. It is a constant awareness of being on a path of never-ending improvement.

    Happy New Year and thank you for your visits and friendship
    Helen
    P.S.One of my facebook friends Joyce absolutely loves your blog.
    H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these. So wishing you all the best in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    I do not make resolutions... but I'm glad to have left 2013 behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth I absolutely love this post. What a wise woman you are and my favorite line is, "I will not be making any resolutions and the reason is because the things I would have listed in the past I am content with now." I find that so refreshing. This year I was sick over New Years and never really got caught up in the resolutions and 'word' of the year exercise and I didn't miss any of it. I could relate to many of the 'resolutions' listed in your images but I'm more in love with the idea that each day we begin anew. And any change is possible when we are ready..no matter the month. I've been catching up on your blog and I wanted to wish you a 2014 filled with good health and happy times. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your warm and insightful posts. Blessings to you!
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...