Saturday, March 1, 2014

Friday Favorites from Into the Gloss, From the House of Edward, Hattatt, Brit + Co and More




Good morning! As I mentioned yesterday I have great plans for the weekend that include copious amounts of hot chocolate and reading material. Lucky for me Pamela at From the House of Edward posted her Winter Reading list this week and now my Kindle is filled with new and interesting books. If you need a few suggestions click HERE to see the list. 

Speaking of books, this video about a guy who likes women with big books is amusing.


Image From The House of Edward


The Oscars are this weekend and even though I have yet to see a majority of the movies I do enjoy seeing what the stars are wearing. I also love to see fashion throughout the years, this week Into the Gloss posted 85 Years of Best Actress Beauty Looks.


Image The Cozy Apron

Apparently 100,000 million people (myself included) are going to be affected this weekend by yet another winter storm and that calls for a little or a lot of comfort food. I think this Roasted Cauliflower and Spinach Dip by The Cozy Apron fits the bill perfectly. 


Image Brit + Co.


As do these Spinach Artichoke Corn Muffins from Brit + Co. If you are not a fan of spinach there are an additional 16 Delicious Savory Muffins recipes to try out. 


Photo by JOSÉ MANUEL PICAYO RIVERA for Martha Stewart

And let's not forget this Warm and Cosy Apple Crisp from Martha Stewart the perfect dessert after a little snow shoveling. 

I know that for many their New Year resolutions went out the window a few weeks ago. Now however many are talking about getting ready for Sprig break, summer vacation and just shedding their winter weight gain. If you are looking for The Best Exercise to Loose Weight and get rid of your muffin top click HERE.

Last but not least my favorite thing this week was seeing a post by Lance and Jane of Hattat after a lengthy break.  If you are unfamiliar with Hattat you must check it out. Their witty and beautifully written blog chronicles their adventures traveling, entertaining, taking in the latest cultural offerings and more. Whenever I read one of their posts I feel as if I am watching a movie. 

I hope that you have a warm, safe and relaxing weekend. 


9 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth:

    Well, it would seem that you are really well set up for the weekend and whatever the weather may throw at you. But we do so trust that any storms will not be as bad as predicted. Enough is surely enough!! Whatever, a selection of good reading material and delicious comfort food to hand do in our view combine to make for very pleasant days.

    And how very generous and kind of you, Elizabeth, to write of us, and to give a link, in this way. You do of course exaggerate hugely but we do assure you that your words are more than appreciated. Thank you so much.

    Jó hétvégét!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Elizabeth! It is good to see Jane and Lance back, isn't it? I don't know how you keep up with everyone....I try and I love it, but there simply isn't enough time! To gather all the recipes and make them is also another admirable feat! I love cauliflower and a nice cream of cauliflower soup sounds great for yet another cold night tonight. Be safe and keep cozy my friend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gathering of such dear friends here! Elizabeth, my dear, you have another storm this weekend?!! Please stay safe..is this snow or rain? We are in a deep freeze again, and are needing some spring weather desperately...
    Your post is delicious...and who doesn't adore the marvelously genius Hattats?!!
    Be cozy, dear one....I'm off to catch up on your posts...
    Love to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot chocolate, good books, apple crisp = perfect weekend for me, as well.

    Have a lovely, cozy weekend, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've got a fun weekend ahead Elizabeth! I'm going to check out a couple of these links.. the cauliflower looks SO good and those muffins.. YUM! Enjoy your weekend! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spinich is one of those things that I don't care for by itself, but as part of a dish, like the two examples here, or a good quiche, I do like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Elizabeth

    This is all delightful. Your choice of food always appetizes.

    Like you, I am happy to have our dear friends Jane & Lance Hattatt back writing.

    Have a glorious weekend

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even know the oscars were this weekend! I'm so glad you mentioned it or I would have totally missed it! Have a great weekend :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, the cauliflower spinach dip is calling my name. I shall have to add that to my recipes. I'm so glad you have such a nice weekend planned Elizabeth, I can't think of anything better than reading and cooking and watching the Oscars. It's pouring rain here and it's so cozy. Except instead of reading books I'm packing them. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...