Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Favorites from Paris Breakfasts, Books and Cupcakes, Vibek Designs and More

Photo Pine Cones and Acorns

Good morning! Today it is going to be a beautiful day, not only because it is Friday but also because it is supposed to be 49! I cannot even remember what that feels like, but I will be basking in the warmth of  the sun today, especially since it is going to snow again on Tuesday.




Monday is St.Patrick's Day and although for many it is a religious holiday for many others it is all about the food and drink. If you want to try something new to drink or to eat you can find  25 St.Patrick's Day Recipes here. 

Photo Pine Cones and Acorns

Paris never gets old and for those who dream of picking up and moving there but are unable too we can live vicariously through these bloggers. My sister found THIS fabulous new blog written and photographed by Magdalena Martin who after years of traveling to Paris picked up just one year ago and moved there to live her dream.

Image Carol of Paris Breakfasts via Etsy

Carol, the writer and illustrator of Paris Breakfasts also moved to Paris last year after years of traveling back and for from her home in New York. This past month she announced a wonderful new subscription service for those of us who love not only "snail mail" but beautifully illustrated letters from Paris. You can find more information about 6 and 12 month subscriptions HERE

Photo Pine Cones and Acorns

Next week is also the first day of Spring, it is hard to believe but it is. I think there may be an end in sight to the never ending Winter. As I said on the blog this week I have been searching for a little Spring inspiration and I have found it here in the Best of Britain's Beautiful Spring Gardens and HERE at Vibek Designs one of the most beautifully photographed blogs I have just discovered. 

Speaking of beautiful, I recently discovered The Ballerina Project, do you know of it? If not, click HERE to see the amazing work of photographer Dane Shitagi and dancers from around the world. You can also follow along on Facebook and Instagram.




If you are a voracious reader and a lover of books as I am, you might enjoy the blog Books and Cupcakes. It is bursting with book reviews and beautiful photos of what else...books.

Last but not least if you enjoy wine you might enjoy Hello Vino, a virtual wine assistant app that can make recommendations for meals, holidays and special occasions based on your personal preferences. 

I hope that you find something new here and if you have something new to share we would love to hear about books, blogs, recipes, etc.

Have a beautiful and safe weekend!



9 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! We are finally seeing signs of spring here with the running water in the streets and the "plink plink plink" of water in the gutters. It is a lovely sound. ENJOY your Friday! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have Spring fever...or is it California fever? I just want to be outside!
    Thanks for the links!

    By the way, did you ever get your book and letter you won in my giveaway?

    Have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only sign of spring we've seen here has been chipmunks running about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely comment about my blog Anita ,I am glad that I inspire you :) Wishing you a beautiful spring...soon :)

    Greetings from Norway,Vibeke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always in total awe of anyone who follows their heart and picks up and moves to Paris....who hasn't' thought of doing that? I know I have (many times)! Enjoy your weekend...glad to hear its warming up slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are seeing momentary glimpses of spring. Yesterday we had some beautiful sunshine and this morning it's back to a cold, grey morning. The ground is so muddy that it will be awhile before I start planting. Thank you for all of the links Elizabeth! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too many wonderful blogs,
    (and books!!!) and not enough
    time. Thanks for all of your
    charming recommendations,
    Elizabeth!

    Happy Weekend,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the most wonderful recommendations, dear friend...merci!
    I will check these out...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here I am once again catching up with all my favorite people. You had me at books and cupcakes....what can I say. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...