Saturday, March 8, 2014

Happy Saturday!

Good morning and a happy Saturday to you! I am sorry I did not post my Friday Favorites yesterday but I have had a very full week and I just could not find the time to visit all of the blogs that I normally do, I will have to catch up for next week.




This week the weather crept up to 40 and I actually saw people wearing shorts! Obviously 40 is not that warm but when you have been living with endless weeks below 0 it does indeed seem a little like another season. It is beginning to feel a little like Spring.


Photo: Tom McWilliam for Southern Living

To celebrate I am planting hyacinth bulbs this weekend in the hopes they flower by Easter. Have any of you planted these bulbs? Can you make any recommendations?


Honey Comb Creative co

Aside from planting bulbs I will be visiting a folk art exhibit, making this Swedish Pastry again to give to several friends who saw it posted on the blog and did not get to taste any and experimenting with a couple of blue cheese pasta recipes. 




What are your plans for the weekend? Is it warming up? Will you be off on a grand adventure or staying close to home?

Whatever you do I hope that you enjoy your weekend. 





2 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday Elizabeth! The sun is out here, still cold but hope is blooming! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the midst of marking papers and snarling at uncooperative computers...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...