Monday, April 7, 2014

I Am Back!


Good morning! I am sorry to have dropped off abruptly but there has been a lot going on here. First off,  for those of you that do not know I have been spending the winter in Wisconsin. I have work and family there and so for the last three months I have been enjoying the icy cold air, the constant snow and all the rest.




Last weekend my husband and I packed up the car, our pup and various belongings and made the drive home. We stopped along to way in West Virginia to pick up our newest family member, Paris! We did not name her, she was named by the breeder but we love the name and so we are keeping it.




She is a little black and tan sweetheart of of dachshund, six months old and a little pistol. I forgot how much energy a puppy has. Munchen is 13 years old and has slowed down a bit so we are learning to adjust to new sleep patterns, eating patterns etc.




Not to mention the fact that when I arrived home it was still Christmas! Yes, the trees are still up, the stocking are still hung and there are cherry blossoms in the yard. It is a little surreal.




I have been sorting three months worth of  mail, about 75 magazines and catalogs, packages and more. Unfortunately, I simply did not have the energy to blog.




I am settled in and will be back posting this week on my regular schedule. I hope that you have a great day! I missed visiting you and will be around later to catch up with your blogs.


12 comments:

  1. Paris is sooo precious!! Congrats, sounds like you have been busy but with all good things, good luck as you ease back into every day life, missed seeing you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Elizabeth! I have missed you! Your new addition is just precious. Hope you have a wonderful week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elizabeth, I am so happy to hear all is well and you have returned home. Oh my is Paris a beauty and what a fitting name.
    Looking forward to hearing all about Spring at your home
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! Paris is just adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Elizabeth! Paris is adorable, Munchen is going to have to get used to having a new ball of energy flying around the house. Let the fun and games commence!
    Paul x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home and enjoy your newest addition!
    All Best,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those big brown eyes, just melt your heart. Look at the blossom on your tree, amazing display and I can see lots of mugs of coffee while you catch up on those magazines. Best Wishes Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris is a sweetie!

    The dog we had around when I was a child was part daschie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, you sound busy. Your new dog is gorgeous, and will make a great addition to the family. Have a lovely Easter relaxing back at home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back and is that a short-haired doxie I am spying?? We two of our own Peanut and Reeses. Love them a million times over.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet angel baby! You have been busy...I do hope things are calming down a bit for you. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...