Saturday, May 24, 2014

Friday Favorites from The House of Edward, Seasons & Suppers, Baking Bites, Savor Home and More

Good morning! Happy Friday and Happy Weekend! For many Memorial Day weekend is the official kick off to summer; vacations, trips to the beach, parties, barbeque's and more. For me it symbolizes a time to slow down and enjoy life; my husband and I enjoy long afternoons on the porch with a book and a glass of wine, or time spent soaking up the sun, or just doing nothing.




This weekend I will be doing a lot of the above and also taking my first stand up paddle board lesson. I am sure that that will be an interesting feat and I will let your know how it does. In addition I will be taking the time to enjoy of few of my great finds from the web this week.


Image Pamela Terry

As I always say I am fascinated by blogs and blog writers, how they got started, what keeps them motivated and how they write. This week Pamela at From the House of Edward wrote a fabulous piece titled Why I Write. Pamela's writing is magical, and enchanting among other things. If you do not know her blog do check it and and if you find you like her work I highly recommend her wonderful book From the House of Edward: Essays by Pamela Terry


Image Jennifer at Seasons & Suppers

Weekends are all about food in our house. The illusion that there are no deadlines or work to be done and that time is endless allows me to spend hours in the kitchen and this weekend I have a few things on my radar. One of which is this delicious Rhubarb and Sour Cream Cake by Jennifer at Seasons and Suppers. This beautiful blog is chalk full of recipes and beautiful photography.


Grilled Peach Sunday

Another thing I want to try is grilled fruit! Although we grill veggies and meats fruit is not something I have tried yet so I think this recipe for Grilled Peaches by Baking Bites. Check out this recipe and several others for Memorial Day Weekend.

Image from Shoot Factory via Savor Home

Although I love my kitchen I would not be adverse to cooking or baking in this stunning London kitchen that Tiffany at Savor Home featured this week!

Check out these beautiful photographs by Derek Galon of his interpretation of the old Masters.


I hope that you have a happy and safe weekend! Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, Pamela is one of the most talented writers I've ever read, and Seasons & Suppers is one of my new finds too. I'm reading the list as well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that kitchen gorgeous??!! Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO late here; I just put up a new post and these days, just to do one a month is difficult to keep up with! Oh my friend, grilled fruit sounds like a good idea. How about some grilled PINEAPPLE?????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...