Saturday, May 3, 2014

Friday Favorites from House of Turquoise, Williams Sonoma and More

Good morning! Thank goodness it's Friday! I have a list of things that I put off all week and now I need  a day or two to finish them. Not to mention that it is always nice to have the opportunity to do nothing if one chooses.  I always feel like that is never an option during the week.

Image Pine Cones and Acorns

This week my Friday Favorites will take you all over the globe, from New York to Morocco, to England and back.


Image The Daily Mail

I am a huge fan of  Christian Dior and this week a new book was published by Rizzoli to coincide with an exhibit opening in his hometown of Granville, France at the Musee Christian Dior. Filled with iconic images from the world's legendary photographers it also includes images of  Diors' most famous works. I cannot wait to get my copy from Amazon.


Image House of Turquoise

This beautiful English country home, located in Hampshire was featured on the equally beautiful blog, House of Turquoise.


Image Pine Coned and Acorns



Chicken and Olive Tagine Williams Sonoma

My husband and I made this Chicken and Olive Tagine with Preserved Lemons this week and it was excellent. If you have a little time this weekend, you may want to try it!



Mint Julep Image by Margaret Houston from Garden and Gun Magazine

This weekend is the Kentucky Derby, will you be watching it and perhaps making a few mint julep's to celebrate? If you need a recipe, visit Garden and Gun Magazine

What are your plans for the weekend? Did you read or find anything interesting on the web this week? I would love to hear about it!

Have a great weekend and enjoy a little down time.




6 comments:

  1. That photo you took my friend, of the butterfly and the flower, WOW! That is outstanding! The chicken tangine is something I ate a lot of while in Paris, and that mink julep looks fantastic, as SOON AS we get some warm weather here! Still in the low 40s around here, but there has to be hope.....there just has to be!

    Enjoy your weekend and relax. You work so hard! Love, ANita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butterfly is truly amazing.

    I never seem to ge home when they run those races. Same with the Canadian version of the triple crown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York, Morocco, England and back...well THAT is MY kind of post! Thanks for the links, Elizabeth! Have a lovely weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, I love all these great ideas. And that chicken dish looks amazing. I will be making that one! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Elizabeth, we love Chicken Tagine and your recipe which is different to mine looks delicious and I must try it.
    I will watch the Kentucky Darby - it is always an exciting race.

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh the chicken dish looks amazing. The Kentucky Derby is always on my list the first weekend in May. We southerners love anything that necessitates wearing seersucker suit and a hat, and enjoy mint juleps ? The recipe in Garden and Gun is a particularly good one. I hope you are relaxing this weekend. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...