Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fried Oysters with Tomato Remoulade

Good morning! I hope that you had a relaxing weekend and that you spent some times with those that you love. 



My weekend was great because all of it was spent with my husband and pups. We marinated, cooked, fried, barbecued and more and when we were finished with that we spent time at the beach and out on the water trying to master paddle boarding.





One of my husband's favorite things to eat in the summer is fried oysters and he has wanted to make them at home for years. I am a little weird and do not like the smell of fried food in the house especially seafood. Lately, I have come to realize that time together is so much more important than the smell of fried food in the house. So this weekend he made the fried oysters and I made the sauces.


Fried Oysters

12 oysters freshly shucked
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
3 tablespoons hot sauce
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
2 cups canola oil


1. In a small shallow bowl place the flour, in another small shallow bowl wish the eggs and the hot sauce, and in a third shallow bowl place the Panko breadcrumbs.
2. Dredge the oysters in the flour, shake off any excess, then dip into the egg mixture and finally roll in the Panko breads crumbs. Place all oysters on a plate and refrigerate until the oil heats up.
3. In a cast iron skillet heat the oil to 325, then place the oysters in oil in a single layer and fry 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels, while oysters are still hot sprinkle with salt.

Serve hot with the dipping sauce of your choosing. 




Tomato Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Recipe from Foodnetwork.com

Ingredients

1 cup of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
11/2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2  tablespoons fresh tarragon
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove of garlic 
dash of Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Serve with hot oysters. 




I have to be honest, I do not eat seafood of any kind so I personally did not try these. My husband, Bill who loves fried oysters said these are easy to make and delicious!

I did try to sauce and it is scrumptious! I think it would be excellent not only with seafood but crudites as well.

Tell me, what delicious things did you make or eat this weekend? Do you have any recipes to share? I am looking for some summer salad recipes, I would love to say of the healthy variety but I really like to try new potato salad recipes in the summer so if you have a family recipe or one that you just love, please share it here! And of course any sweet recipes for cake, cookies, bars etc.

I hope that you have a great day!




9 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    We would like to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in http://www.mytaste.com/ . Your blog is impressively BEAUTIFUL and it deserves to be included on the Top list!! Great recipes!! We will feature your blog and we will make a lot of shout out about your recipes on our fan pages so that people and our 3million users worldwide will be able to check it on our site.
    Mytaste is a dual-function site, a recipe search engine and an online social networking service providing thousands of recipes collected and shared by people around the globe from different blogs and website. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 30,000 visits from us on a weekly basis.
    Here’s the link where you can add your blog’s url and email http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog
    This is something you can do to make your blog more visible and be exposed to a lot of foodies in United States and Canada and around the globe, this can help your blog page to get more visits/increase traffic.
    EXPOSE YOUR BLOG!!!The World deserves to know how great a cook you are.
    info@mytaste.com
    Please be kind enough to reply to this message so we should know you have received it.

    ReplyDelete

  2. OH! Go here to Robyn's lovely blog: http://simplyfreshdinners.com/#sthash.q9jiMq5C.dpbs

    She has the most gorgeous ideas and she has a wonderful potato salad recipe from last week. She usually posts every Tuesday, so her post later this morning will be something else that's delicious, but last week's was a potato salad with many colorful and surprising additions!

    I am like you in that I will not eat fried seafood. Baked or grilled salmon is about it these days, but I could not eat oysters! But to spend the time together is the most important thing indeed. Happy day my friend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. How yummy, Elizabeth!
    Last Saturday, Mr D and I bought a dozen oysters from our favorite vendor at the Puyallup Farmers Market! We roasted them on the Weber until we heard them pop open and sizzle! We kept it simple... just splashed them with lemon juice and tabasco. I served them with Bruschetta, fresh asparagus, and Summer Shandy!
    I am definitely going to try that sauce for the next time we grill oysters!
    Thank you for the suggestion!
    withLove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum.....the sauce looks and sounds good:) Always enjoy seeing whats cooking on your end even though I rarely eat fried foods.......hope you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in agreement, Elizabeth, I can't get into eating seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, these look delicious! We love to barbecue on Memorial Day weekend and one of our favorite things to make are spare ribs. We also like to make a big fruit crisp for dessert. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Elizabeth
    It looks like you had a beautiful weekend at the beach and trying a new sport and then a new recipe. Those oysters look delicious. We have guests tomorrow evening and I am making a boullabaisse.
    Hope your week is special

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy do those oysters ever look delish. Just finished scrolling through some ov your old posts. Great blog! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elizabeth, Yummy!! These look so good and I'm ready to DIP and it's only 9 a.m. ;) xxL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...