Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day




"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
~ George S. Patton

Good morning! Although Memorial Day means barbeque's and picnics and days at the beach let us also remember those who have sacrificed their lives to let us enjoy the freedoms that we so often take for granted.

Today my thoughts, thanks and prayers are with my brother and his family who sacrifice not only holidays but everyday milestones like school plays, days at the pool, family dinners, birthday's and more. Thank you Joe, I love you!

Thank you to all the vets and their family's for your sacrifice.



2 comments:

  1. Do you know that I have spoken with General Patton II? He was a client in the department I worked in in Beverly Hospital, Beverly, Massachusetts. The Patton estate was a few miles down the road from where we lived for many years. He was a gruff but handsome man, and I also met his sister, the daughter of Patton I. What a great quote, truly great. I hope you have a relaxing day dear friend! ANita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...