Saturday, June 7, 2014

Friday Favorites from Chocolate with Grace, White and Shabby, Tone on Tone, and More



Good morning! Happy Friday! I hope that you had a great week and are ready for the weekend. Do you have big plans or just a relaxing weekend at home? I do not have any grand plans just a lot of little ones but they all add up to a relaxing weekend to be sure.




Summer is creeping up on us here in the south and bringing with it all of its beautiful fruits and vegetables, berries, peas, corn, tomato's, etc. I have many fond memories of picking strawberries and blueberries with my grandmother and cousins,  I think we ate as much as we picked.


Image Chocolate with Grace


This week I am going to be making a few of these scrumptious Lemon Blueberry breads from Chocolate with Grace. Doesn't this bread just shout "Summer"?


Creme de la Crumb

As I said last week hamburgers are one of my favorite meals to eat in the summer, in fact my husband and I like to try new ones all the time. This week I discovered this Greek Yogurt Ranch Burger with Cajun Fried Pickles made by Crem de la Crumb, I cannot wait to try this one.


Image from Tone on Tone


If you are looking for a little summer seaside inspiration, look no further than White and Shabby and Tone on Tone Both have beautiful ideas to add just a little of the sand and seaside to your home.

Congratulations to Kristy of the blog Design Chic, recently she launched a personal blog to promote her upcoming BOOK! I love the new blog, Kristy Woodson Harvey and am excited for the release of her book in Spring 2015! If you enjoy Design Chic then make sure to check out Kristy's personal blog.


Image from Amazon


I read The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Thad Carhart, a gem of a book that I have had for a few years and finally got around to reading.


Image Here

Have you seen the movie Salmon Fishing in the Yemen? It was released in 2011 but I watched it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

As school comes to an end and graduation looms for so many I was reminded of a speech I heard last year that has become a favorite, it was given by George Saunders at Syracuse University. I think you will enjoy it. Click HERE.

Although not all of my "Friday Favorites" are current I thought you might enjoy them. I would love to hear about your favorite recipes, books, movies or blogs.

Have a safe a wonderful weekend!



9 comments:

  1. White and Shabby and Tone on Tone are two of my favorite places to revel and sigh. And both bloggers are just gems of friends too! HAPPY FRIDAY my friend, and today is my last day of exams. Next week, I have one meeting and I am DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just THE SWEETEST!! Thank you so much for shout out! I am so flattered and excited. And I can't wait to check out your other favorites. Cajun fried pickles sound like about the most fabulous thing I've ever heard of. (I had a burger last night with fried jalapenos... So amazing! And heart healthy...) I'm always looking for a great weekend movie so that sounds like a great suggestion. Thank you again for mentioning me! xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had lemon blueberry cake, and it's delicious!

    Yes, I have seen that movie- shortly after it was released to DVD. I'd wished I had a chance to see it in theatres. Ewan and Emily are great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth... Those photographs... temptation indeed!
    I also loved Salmon Fishing in the Yemen... xv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have me craving something sweet with blueberries!! I want to see the movie, looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the links...I haven't read the book OR seen the movie so no worries about being a little late to the game...:)

    The lemon blueberry bread/cake looks amazing - I am definitely going to make it when my son the lemon lover comes home next week! Have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always an honor to be included here, Elizabeth!! Thank you so much! I always enjoy your selections - can't wait to check these out. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have the same taste, wow! that all looks so yummy.
    Waiting for that movie.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post! That burger looks yummy! Going to check out that decor blog now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...