Saturday, June 14, 2014

Friday Favorites from Ciao Domenica, Twigg Studios, The Candid Appetite and More

Good morning! Happy Friday and a Happy Father's Day weekend to you! Do you have big plans with your dad this weekend? I unfortunately will not be seeing my dad until I am back in Wisconsin but I will be spending the day with my husband and my pups.


Image Ciao Domenica

Summer is a wonderful time to entertain, out in the garden, under the stars, enjoying a glass of wine and the company of family and friends. This week Sunday at Ciao Domenica shows you exactly how to throw just such a party!


Brigaderos from Twigg Studios


Twigg Studios  is one of my favorite blogs for so many reasons, the beautiful photos, the wonderful writing and of course the scrumptious recipes! This week Aimee made Brigaderos, these delicious looking Brazilian treats which I am going to make myself this weekend.


The Candid Appetite


This weekend is going to be hot and steamy and I think this Watermelon Basil Lime Iced Tea by The Candid Appetite will be a perfect while I relax on my porch and read.


Image Here


I enjoy movies as do many and have been watching a few old favorites lately, I think you might like this one, Dear Frankie, staring Emily Mortimor and Gerard Butler.


Image Amazon

I also read a great book this week called the The Founding Gardners by Andrea Wulf. If you like gardening, history and politics than you will enjoy this well researched and wonderful book.

What did you find this week on the web that was interesting? A recipe? A book? A movie? Please share whatever you think might be fun and interesting.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and hope that you get to spend it with your dad.





3 comments:

  1. Good morning Elizabeth! I hope you are relaxing. I am finally on a real vacation and I am enjoying every ray of sun that comes through my windows! I think I will whip up a mango smoothie today as I see your colorful offerings! Big love! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy Lady, that all sounds and looks delish,
    I could go for that Tea now.
    Enjoy Father's Day.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...