Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July Party Ideas

Image and Recipe Country Living

Good morning! I cannot believe it is July nor can I believe that Friday is the 4th of July! Holy cow where is Summer going? It seems like the winter that never ended robbed us of a little of our summer. No matter, I am going to enjoy it all because even though Summer is not my favorite season the foods of summer are. There is nothing I love better than a hamburger from the grill, a pile and I do mean pile of potato salad, some homemade baked beans and Cole slaw, and an ear of corn.


Image Country Living


I have put together a few of my favorite 4th of July foods, as well as, a few recipes that I am hoping to take to the 3 barbeque's that we are going to be attending this weekend.


Image Country Living


As I said I LOVE burgers but perhaps you have something else in mind, maybe ribs, a nice flank steak or even a scrumptious lobster roll? I think any of these recipes would be a great addition to your feast.


Image Pinterest via Creme de la Crumb


New England Lobster Roll from A Family Feast


Of course the main course is the show stopper but the supporting players, the sides play an important role too, they offer the opportunity to experiment and try new recipes. Perhaps a blue cheese potato salad instead of the traditional recipe you always make or maybe an Asian slaw instead of the mayo based one?


Herb and Tomato Salad from Relish


Deviled Eggs from Southern Living


Baked Bean Crostini


Warm Lemony Potato Salad with Olives from Keepin' It Kind



Corn Salad from The Girl Who Ate Everything



Of course no 4th of July celebration is complete without a few sweet treats which are my favorite part of the day. I love barbeque's with an excellent display of casual desserts, like brownies, cupcakes, any kind of cereal treats, cookies, pies, etc. This is the time to showcase your old fashioned deserts and family recipes.




Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies





Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes


Triple Chocolate Blondies


Brownie Sundae


Blackberry Cheesecake Bars

Apple Almond Tart


What do you think? Do you see something here that you might like to try? Or do you have something to share with us? Whatever the case, I hope that on the 4th of July you find yourself among family and friends enjoying some scrumptious food, lots of laughs and of course a few fireworks.

Have a great day!


P.S. All desserts made by me. The recipes are on Pine Cones and Acorns Blog or my other blog Once Upon A Chocolate Life.

4 comments:

  1. NOT good to look at on an empty stomach...YUM!!! Such great ideas for casual but delicious foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am now craving it all. It is only 9 a.m. and I am ready to go light the grill! I'll be heading out of town this 4th, but intend on taking a few of my favorite summer recipes with me. Have a wonderful 4th. Hugs! B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Elizabeth...every one of these looks divine...now I have to go have a snack! Have a fabulous 4th!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all looks delicious!

    Enjoy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...