Thursday, July 31, 2014

Colorado Highlights and Good Friends



Good morning! I hope that your week is off to a great start! I have just returned from a trip to Colorado. The first couple of days we spent in Denver where we took in a few of the downtown sights and shops, ate delicious food and visited friends. 




Then we went up the mountains to spend a few days at a private club near Winter Park with 5 couples that my husband went to high school with, sort of like a mini-reunion. We had a chef so we did not have to cook and it beautiful little chalets to stay in. 





We hiked, looked for wildlife, attended the bike championship and just relaxed. It was perfect, as I rarely go on holidays where we have no agenda, it was a welcome change.




This week my parents are visiting  so my posting and comments may be a little sporadic. 




I hope that you have a great week!


9 comments:

  1. I love Colorado. It's my spiritual home, so I envy that you were there. I can almost smell it in your images. Thanks for the reminder of how wonderful it is.
    Di
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, it is good to see your back. Your photos are beautiful. Enjoy your time with your parents...have a great week. Hugs! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorado and the forests/mountains and clear air look fantastic!
    Have a great time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, its been so long since I have been to Colorado and I was recently talking to my husband about my wanting to go back, I love it there during the summer, it is sooo beautiful! Sounds and looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs, Elizabeth. Enjoy your time with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm delighted to hear about your vacation and the fact that it was so restful. I've never been to Colorado, our daughter spent a year there and was always talking about the beauty. I would love to know more about the huge side striped layered rock . . . pretty amazing.
    What do they call it? So, I can look it up :)
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got to visit our beautiful state. That's why I've lived here for 30 years. Come back anytime - the fresh moutain air is waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great trip! And having a chef?? Best. Vacation. Ever. Have a great time with your parents! Gorgeous photos! xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures (as always) are beautiful, Elizabeth! I love Colorado in the summer! Have a great weekend with your parents! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...