Saturday, July 12, 2014

Favorites on Friday from A Breath of Fresh Air, What's Gabby Cooking, My Notting Hill, Zoe Bakes and More


Good morning! How was your week? My was very busy and I was dragging from my leisurely three day 4th  of July weekend. I found myself trying to play "catch up" all week and having no success. Hopefully I can squeeze a little rest  in this weekend because I want to take a little time to further explore my "Friday Favorites."


A Breath of Fresh Air


Summer vacation is in full swing and many of my favorite bloggers are traveling to parts all over the globe. World traveler, Mary from A Breath of Fresh Air is visiting Russia, a place that I have on my bucket list. Check out her beautiful blog for not only the photos of Russia but Africa, Europe and many more amazing trips. 


Image My Notting Hill

For those looking for inspiration for a trip a little closer to home,  My Notting Hil offers a glimpse of the beautiful Charleston, SC. And from Tina at The Enchanted Home  highlights from her southern road trip which includes restaurant, hotel and attractions in not only Charleston but Savannah, and Beaufort as well. 






Summer weekends are always filled with days at the beach, guests, traveling and lots of activities and frankly at the end of the day I do not always feel like cooking. This Bruchetta Bar from Whats Gabby Cooking would be the perfect light dinner for my husband and I or a great appetizer for friends dropping by for drinks.


Devour the Blog


I cannot wait to make this beautiful White Cake with Browned Butter Frosting and Fresh Summer Berries posted by Zoe Francois of Zoe Bakes on the Cooking Channel Blog Devour. Doesn't this look scrumptious?


Image from Good Reads

I have really enjoyed taking a little more time to read this summer. This week I read, That Summer in Sicily by Marlena de Blassi and as I have with every other book she has written I LOVED it! I could not put it down and actually finished it in one day.

What are your plans for the weekend? Something fun and exciting? Or something laid back and relaxing?

Whatever you do and wherever you find yourself I hope you spend your weekend with family and friends and have a wonderful time! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing those links out.

    Those cakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks.. I love My Notting Hill and Tina form Enchanted Home can do no wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Maine, Elizabeth :)
    We're enjoying the most glorious weather here! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing some of your favs....always a treat for the weekend. I hope you have a great one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen some of these already but am going to check out the others. Looks like lots of great inspiration - thanks!
    All best,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks Elizabeth, I love Mary's post on St Petersburg. I must make the trip soon. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Paul x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...