Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Roasted Vanilla Bean Cherries Over No-Bake Cheesecake

Good morning! I hope that your week is starting out well. Mine is going great so far, but the heat and humidity are killing me. I do not want to be a whiner but 94 degrees and 97% humidity just saps my energy. What about you? Are you a fan of sultry weather? 




Although the heat takes a lot out of me it never keeps me from eating or baking. My FAVORITE thing to eat in the summer is cherries, seriously I can eat pounds of them in a day. Lately I have been a bit overzealous buying them because the season is short and I am afraid I am not going to have eaten my weight in them before they are gone until next year. 





Consequently I found myself with a few to share and so I roasted them and poured them over my favorite no-bake cheesecake to take to a party this past weekend for a friend.




This recipe is so easy that you will laugh out loud and then you will thank me for sharing it because you will want to eat these cherries on your oatmeal, over ice cream, or rice pudding, as an accompaniment to pork, plain or any other way that you can think to eat them 


Roasted Vanilla Bean Cherries

1 lb pitted cherries
11/2 tablespoons of Vanilla Bean Paste
1/4 cup of sugar

Preheat oven to 425. Place vanilla bean past, sugar and cherries in a bowl and mix well to coat. Pour mixture onto Silphat or parchment lined baking pan. Bake cherries for 15 minutes, stir mixture half-way through. 

Pour cherries into a heat-proof bowl to cool. 





As I mentioned I used the cherries for a no-bake cheesecake recipe that I frequently use, I think it is a great summer dessert, tangy, sweet and delicious. You can find the link for the cheesecake HERE if you are interested. 

In the meantime, tell me what are you doing to beat the summer heat? Do you have any "go-to" recipes for drinks, salads, or treats? If so, please share them with us!

Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. This is cruel Elizabeth!!!! I am trying to be good SO happy I am not your neighbor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my comment goes through here too, Elizabeth! I have been having problems but I see you left me a comment! First of all, if you do get a chance to email me, I have to tell you something....
    and you indicating that you are looking forward to participating in the link party? REALLY? I have not heard anything from you about this, so please email me and let me know if you want to:

    1. Have a post ready by Friday and let it run COMPLETELY til July 25 to join in on the link party
    2. Do you want a chance to win the tea set.

    I hope this goes through....Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that looks absolutely mouthwatering good!!! We just came back from Maine and what an adjustment!! Thanks for another fabulous recipe, Elizabeth! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. My absolute favorite combination Elizabeth! This looks delicious and the perfect dessert for a warm summer evening. Enjoy you day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...my...goodness...that looks absolutely divine, Elizabeth! I guess it is lunch time! Have a fabulous week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good heavens! I just made this, it. is. the. best. Thank you for a new go-to recipe! Have a happy summer, N.G.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...