Saturday, August 23, 2014

Friday Favorites from Seven Spoons, Pure Joy Home, The Good Life and More

Good morning! Happy Friday! It has been a fabulous few days here, the sun has finally made an appearance. In fact it has been so scarce lately that I even took a few hours off work to go sit at the beach and enjoy the sun, sand and the breeze. 




This weekend I am taking it easy, my husband wants to relax, do a little grilling and read on the beach. If we can muster the energy we will take our our paddle boards. This week while trolling the web I found some "new to me" blogs, recipes and facts, these are a few of my favorites. 


Image Seven Spoons


My sister LOVES Morning Buns so I have been in search of a recipe that I can make when I see her over the holidays and I think I found it at Seven Spoons. Morning Buns for those of you who are not familiar are almost like a flaky croissant filled with sugar and spice, in fact the dough is very similar to croissant dough. 






Although summer is nearing the end I know that many have a plethora of vegetables from their gardens. If you happen to have a bunch of cucumbers then you should try this soup posted by Pure Joy Home. It is easy and delicious, I loved it!




Are you an ice cream fan? This week Buzz Feed posted 27 Ice Cream Shops You Need To Visit Before You Die. How many of these shops have you been to? I was actually surprised how many I had already visited!


Image The Good Life


I am always curious as to how other blog writers organize their posts. Do your write them ahead of time? Do you write them the night or the day before? Or are you incredibly organized and use an editorial calender? I have attended a few blogging classes and they all say a calendar is essential, after reading Why and How to Use an Editorial Calendar by the Good Life I may have to give it another try. 

I always enjoy reading Dumb Little Man and this weeks article 50 Ways to Strive for Excellence in Your Life is one of my favorite posts!


Image Pine Cones and Acorns

For all you Francophiles here are 30 Facts About France that you may or may not know. There were a few I did not know even after studying and visiting France for over 30 years. 

I hope that you found something new to you while visiting today and as always, if you have something to share I would love to hear about it!

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Great links, Elizabeth! I can't believe I have only been to two of the ice cream places...one in Rome and Berthillon. THAT needs to change!! Have a wonderful weekend...I hope you get to spend a lot of time at the beach!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning buns remind me somewhat of cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fairly organized
    person in general, but
    NOT an organized blogger
    by any means....For me,
    inspiration has to hit first : )

    Off to check out the ice
    cream link. Gelato in Rome
    and ice cream at Leopold's
    in Savannah are two that
    come to mind on my own list!

    Have a happy, relaxing weekend.

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always curious of how everyone organizes their blogging time as well. As always your Friday finds are the best. Hoping to get back into the swing of things after Labor Day. Life should calm down...some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...