Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Raspberry Banana Bread with Crumble Topping


Good morning! I hope that you had a fabulous weekend! Mine was relaxing; I spent the weekend reading and baking. Don't get me wrong I managed to do a few things around the house and a little work but for the most part it was me and my pups enjoying the fabulous summer weather. 






 Among the few things I made was banana bread. Although I frequently bake banana bread I had never thought to add raspberries until I had a few too many left at the end of the week. Do you ever have that problem? You buy all sorts of fruits and vegetables thinking that you are going to eat healthy during the week and end up eating other things instead? This recipe is the perfect place to use up extra berries. 






 Raspberry Banana Bread with Crumble Topping
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home


13/4 cups of all purpose flour
11/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp.  baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
11/2 cups fresh  raspberries

Crumble Topping:

1/2 stick unsalted butter softened
11/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Combine flour and sugars in a bowl, add butter and mix with a pastry blender until little crumbs are formed. Set aside. 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare two 8 x 4 loaf pans. Set aside. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl combine the water, oil, and bananas. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just combines, then gently fold in the berries. 

Top with the crumble topping and bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool on wire racks. 




This banana bread is fabulous, it is moist, dense and has an extra special taste with the addition of the raspberries. I loved it! The only thing that would make it better is the addition of dark chocolate chunks. I think that may be my next loaf. 




What did you do this weekend? Did you enjoy good weather? Have any great adventures? Read any good books? Or make or bake anything interesting? 

Whatever you did I hope that you enjoyed yourself! Have a great week.



2 comments:

  1. I love banana bread, and I love raspberries too. I'm sure I'd love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously hungry and this looks amazing!!! Hope your week is off to a splendid start, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...