Good morning! I hope your week is great! I am enjoying an extended break while my parents are here but I thought I would share just a few photos from my trip last week to Colorado.
Among the many things we did was to visit the famous Red Rocks amphitheatre? Are you familiar with it?
It is the only naturally occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheatre in the world and my friends it is stunning!
Here are a few other fun facts:
* Surrounding Red Rock theatre are 868 acres of deer, dinosaurs, pines, prairies and other geological wonders.
* It is 6,450 ft above sea level
* The first performance in the park was in 1906!
* The actual Red Rocks theater took 12 years to build and its first concert was in 1941.
* The theater seats 9, 525
* "Ship Rock" and Creation Rock the monoliths that surround the theater are taller than Niagara Falls.
* Dinosaur tracks located within the walls tell the story of the Jurassic Period 160 million years ago!
* Red Rocks, originally known as The Garden of Angels has hosted everyone from Sting, to Jimmy Buffet, to U2, John Denver, opera singers and so many more musical talents.
* In addition to musical acts, movies are filmed here and each year a sunrise Easter service is held.
* The theater hosts guests on a daily basis to do yoga, run the steps, exercise and more.
I did not do any yoga or running of the stairs but I did take in the spectacular view, did a little people watching and just enjoyed the park. Red Rocks was once considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and honestly it still should be in my opinion.
I hope that you enjoyed the photos and that perhaps it is a little incentive to visit this truly beautiful and inspirational spot. Not only does it make one appreciate nature and its beauty, it also is a reminder that although we are considered a young country there is a whole lot to see in the "good old USA."
|ALL PHOTOS taken by me Pine Cones and Acorns|
I hope you have a great day!