Thursday, September 11, 2014

20 Fun Fall Things to Do and Make


Good morning! Things are starting to look a little like fall here, crisp yellow leaves litter my deck, pumpkins, gourds, and pine cones have sprung up a the market and pumpkin recipes are everywhere. Fall is my favorite time of the year for so many reasons, the colors, the weather, the food and the family gatherings. I think people slow down, hunker in and relax more, or at least I do. 



Image from On Sutton Place


Each year I try to make a list of things I would love to do to celebrate the changing season and this year is no different. Here are a few of my ideas.




1. Visit a pumpkin patch
2. Go to a bon fire
3. Take a hayride
4. Decorate pumpkins
5. Pick some sun flowers





6. Trick or treat
7. Jump in the leaves
8. Enjoy a Fall picnic
9. Try some new pumpkin recipes
10. Bake some old favorites.




11. Take a scenic drive to see the Fall colors
12. Make mulled cider
13. Attend a college football game
14. Visit the farmers market
15. Have a chili cook off with friends




16. Make popcorn balls
17. Take more bubble baths
18. Enjoy long lazy afternoons on the front porch with a tartan blanket, a cup of cocoa and a pile of books
19. Visit a corn maze
20. Enjoy more time with family and friends!





Are you a fan of Fall? Do you have any special activities or things that you like to see, do or make to take in the season? If so, please share your ideas and recipes, it is always fun to see what other people see as  quintessentially Fall.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

  1. Good morning dear old friend from Blogland!

    You have shared some of the iconic and great memories of falls past, and I am ready. Just today, our weather is turning to cool and I'm ready to put away the summer clothing.

    Pinecones, acorns and pumpkins sound like a fabulous idea. AND THANK YOU for visiting! I am crazy busy, and at this moment, I need to go get ready for my 55 minute trek to the first school, teach, then run over to the second school! AHHHH!

    Much love to you! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful poem...I will be ready for fall on September 22 and not a moment sooner!! We will be traveling for Halloween and I will definitely miss that!! Hope you are having a fabulous week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning!

    I just noticed you joined as a follower on my blog. I so appreciate it. My blog is new and is feeling a bit directionless.

    Your blog is stunning.

    Blessings to you.

    Winter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, dear friend...on so many of these! I am loving your cozy nook on the porch...may I join you for a chocolat chaud? ;) Love George Eliot.
    Big hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, Autumn is my favorite season as well; and, I am so eager for it to arrive. I think I would have to check yes next to each item on your list....it all sounds divine. I hope you are enjoying September. Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...