Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Holiday Fun and Haagen-Dazs Gelato

Good morning! I hope that you had a wonderful  holiday weekend! The weather here was beautiful, hot and sunny, in fact we actually had record heat. The perfect weather to celebrate the last weekend of summer. 




We were out on our paddle boards everyday and it was so peaceful gliding through the river and into the grass lined inlets. Unfortunately Saturday, we forgot the check the tides and on our return trip the tide was going out, a trip that should have taken 25 minutes took over an hour. At times we were literally going backwards if we didn't paddle fast enough, it goes without saying that my arms were exhausted after finally making it home. We will not make that mistake again. 

The rest of the weekend was spend relaxing and barbecuing. My husband loves to barbecue and to make sauces and rubs, the hotter the better. So we tested a few of his creations on ribs, chicken and pork tenderloin; they we all delicious and very hot.




Fortunately, this past week Haagen-Dazs sent me a few pints of their new Pistachio and Pomegranate Swirl Gelato and I was able to cool off from the food as well as the heat.

Typically I shy away from store bought gelato, a.) because I live near an excellent gelato store and b.) because I do not want to ruin my memories of exceptional gelato bowls from my trips to Italy. I would rather wait to have "the real thing" than a cheap imitation. Luckily Haagen-Dazs has created an excellent substitute to tide me over between my trips to Italy. Their gelato is smooth, creamy, light and delicious.




The back of the pistachio pint reads: "Haagen-Dazs pistachio gelato is rich and buttery, delivering a lightly roasted pistachio taste, creating an exceptionally smooth indulgence that is light on your palate."

I love pistachios and this rich and creamy gelato is delicious, it tastes exactly like pistachios! It reminds me of the gelato in Italy, smooth, silky with little bits of pistachio mixed in. 





The other gelato I tried was the Pomegranet Swirl. It reads: " A strikingly beautiful duo, Haagen-Dazs blends tart pomegranate gelato with elegant vanilla gelato, creating and exceptionally smooth indulgence that is light on your palate."



I have to be honest I was a bit skeptical of this gelato simply because I thought the pomegranate would be too tart. In fact the combination of sweet creamy vanilla with a slightly tangy pomegranate swirl is delicious and refreshing. If you are a fan of gelato I highly recommend the new flavors from Haagen-Dazs.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your week!

NOTE: I was supplied with gelato samples from Haagen-Dazs but all of my opinions are my own.


2 comments:

  1. There's a gelato place near my home, but I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a perfect weekend! The gelato looks yummy...I will need to try it! Have a wonderful week, Elizabeth!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...