Thursday, October 23, 2014

Apple Slab, Apple Pie, Apple Soup, Apple Sandwiches and More


Slab Apple


For the most part when I think of Fall I immediately think of pumpkins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread and anything else that contains pumpkin. 


Harvest Apple Pie, Pine Cones and Acorns

But to be honest, I bake and cook with apples just as much. After all what would a Fall be with out caramel apples or apple slab, both of which are things I used to love making with my grandmother.




This year, I am looking for a few new recipes to try and I did not have to go further than my Fall Pinterest board, it is filled with sandwiches, cakes, cookies, pies and more.

Here are a few of the recipes from my Fall board that I have on my list to make in the next few weeks.



Caramel Apple Galettes from Cooking For Keeps


Dutch Apple Pie from A Spicy Perspective

Apple Cake with Maple Frosting from a Kitchen Addiction
Irish Apple Cake from The View From the Great Island


Apple Artisan Cheese Sandwich from Taste Blog

I hope that you have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

  1. All the apple dishes look so good! Think I might make that apple artisan cheese toastie for lunch, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some serious apple love Elizabeth...I am right there with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SO good! I made your Slab Apple Pie last year and it was great! Have a lovely day, Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of these are ideas I wouldn't have thought of, particularly in terms of a dinner meal.

    Those pie ideas, however, have me ravenously hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...