Saturday, October 25, 2014

Friday Favorites from Elizabeth Floyd, Ewa in the Garden, Tone on Tone, Relish and More

Good morning! Another Friday is upon us, I think my in-laws are correct, the older you get the faster time seems to go by. I have been so busy this week, I am so ready for the weekend. Last night, the weather finally turned cool and I am feel like its Fall. I don't mean to complain but it is hard to get into Fall when it is still in the high 70's and you are wearing shorts.


Image from Elizabeth Floyd


This week my favorites reflect those sentiments, the straddling of summer/fall. Elizabeth Floyd showcased her latest painting and it is stunning! I was introduced to Elizabeth's work from a post that Loi of Tone on Tone wrote and since that day I have been in love. Isn't this painting of hydrangeas' in Blue Willow fabulous? Follow along on Elizabeth's blog and you can get an idea of how she creates these amazing still life paintings. Perhaps you may want to commission one for yourself.


Image from Tone on Tone


Speaking of Loi, at Tone on Tone, did you see his breathtaking photos from his recent trip with Tom to their new house in Maine? If not you must check it out. The Fall colors are spectacular! 


Image Ewa in the Garden


For fans of gardening, and more specifically Vita Sackville-West and her English garden, check out this book review from Ewa in the Garden. I think it sounds like a great read, even if I do not have a green thumb. 





I am already thinking about the upcoming holidays and what tasty treats I am going to make. Honestly, I am all about appetizers and dessert so that is really what I am gathering recipes for, after all I can leave the turkey and other proteins to my husband.


Image from Relish



Of course it would not be the holidays without a pie or two. Whether you will be making your crust from scratch or using one from the freezer section you can make it look special by using these great techniques from Relish.


Bake Brie from Will Cook For Friends


I LOVE cheese! And melted, oozy, gooey cheese is a favorite. This Bake Brie with Honey, Rosemary and Candied Walnuts from Will Cook For Friends. Doesn't this look like a great appetizer for a party? Or even for  Friday night at home with your significant other? I am making this brie this weekend.


On that note, I wish you a relaxing and safe weekend! Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Many thanks, Elizabeth! Always an honor to be included here. I'm grateful for your friendship. Have a wonderful weekend - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your Friday faves look amazing! Off to click through...have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...