Saturday, October 4, 2014

Friday Favorites from Hello Lovely, Jetset Times, Pastry Affair, Luxuria and More!

Good morning! I hope that you had a wonderful week! I was traveling for part of the week and now am happily back at home with my husband and pups, looking forward to the weekend. 





The temperature here is still is the high 70's and we are wearing shorts so it is a little hard to get the feel for Fall but have no fear I am making the best of it. I have whipped up a few pumpkin recipes, sat in front of a roaring fire or two and and enjoyed the cooler mornings on my walks.


Image from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen via Pinterest


If you have followed me for a bit than you know next to a cup of hot chocolate anything with pumpkin as the main ingredients is a favorite of mine. This week Confessions of a Cookbook Queen has me craving a pile of these Glazed Pumpkin Donuts


Image from The Pastry Affair

Pumpkins, pecans and apples are the main baking ingredients in my Fall baking and this Boiled Apple Cider from The Pastry Affair is going to be a wonderful addition to not only my baking but also my savory dishes. It can be used to heighten the apple taste in apple sauce, apple butter, apple crisp, or perhaps drizzled on pancakes and pork! I will be making this this weekend and will let you know how it turns out. 


Image from Hello Lovely Blog


Michele at Hello Lovely featured the the timeless and dreamy work of artist Violise Lunn. Not only does Violise create works in paper but she also creates stunning couture wedding gowns, works for Royal Copenhagen and more. Her beautiful creations remind me of the work of fellow blogger Anita at Castles, Crowns and Cottages.


Image from Luxuria

Vanessa at Luxuria posted a fabulous video this week. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a treat and enjoy the next 30 minutes. I promise that you will leave inspired.

For my fellow travelers, I recently discovered Jetset Times. Are you familiar with it? It is a great site filled with articles and advice from fellow travelers. 

Have you discovered anything new this week, books, blogs, recipes, movies, etc? Please share if you did I am always interedted in learning new things!

I hope that you have a great weekend!

P.S: If you like posts like this visit my friend Sandy at You May Be Wandering where each Friday she also had a weekly roundup.





7 comments:

  1. I don't usually go for doughnuts, but I wouldn't mind having a try of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, these features are from some of my favorite bloggers. I agree, when I saw michelle's post I was reminded of Anita too. thanks for Vanessa's video I haven't seen it yet. And I do go for donuts and these look SO good!!
    happy weekend dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for the shoutout - and as always your faves are fabulous! Have a great weekend, Elizabeth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. how kind to offer the shoutout! thanks so much, beautiful blogger. the pumpkin donuts are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beautiful piece does look like something from our dear friend, Anita! Let me pop over to Michele's site to see more. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be sure to visit your wonderful recommendation Elizabeth.
    It's getting cooler here eventually. I am sitting with a blanket around me refusing to turn the heat on just yet :-)
    Have a great weekend.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Load me up with those Doughnuts Elizabeth, I'm hungry :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...