Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Fall Colors in Williamsburg, Virginia

Good morning! How was your weekend? Did you have lots of trick-or-treaters? As we always buy lots and lots of candy and have no visitors we skipped town. Thankfully no one was offended and the house was still standing.





Last year we went to Maine to take in the Fall colors and this year we decided on Williamsburg, Va. I have to tell you we were not disappointed; The colors were the most beautiful that I have seen in years. In our neck of the woods things are taking a little longer. There are a lot of photos in this post, so grab a cup of coffee and enjoy. 






Have you been to Colonial Williamsburg? It is basically a living history museum and foundation that encompasses 301 acres and 600 buildings dating from 1690-1780.  









The town re-creates the atmosphere and ideals of the 18th century American people and its revolutionary leaders. 







Their motto is, " That the future may learn from the past," and you can experience it all through costumed interpreters, historical and authentic buildings, tools, clothing, and more. 








I have visited here several times and always enjoy the museums, restaurants, shops and of course walking the campus of the College of William and Mary which was founded in 1693 and is actually the second oldest college in America.  









Have you ever been to visit? If so, what did you think? Have you been at the holidays? It is actually beautifully decorated using the foliage, and fruits that they had available in colonial times but if you are looking for a Christmas tree you will not find one because they were not used then.






I am looking forward to my next visit as the area has so much to see and do, in addition to the colonial town you can visit Yorktown and Jamestown settlement. 





I hope that you enjoyed my adventure to Williamsburg.  Have a great day!









6 comments:

  1. My family has a tradition of attending Virginia universities and I was no exception.
    It is just so beautiful there at this time of the year. But when the snows come and they last forever you begin to long for Texas again. So happy you guys had a good time. Happy November !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there looks like a perfect place to take in the foliage! I love you pictures and yes have been several times and always love it...reminds me of Pleasantville, so charming and picture perfect, like time stood still and then to think of all the history right in that small spot is really quite remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to enjoy autumnal colors in gracious Williamsburg! Gorgeous photos, Elizabeth. So much history and beauty. Happy November. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots, and quite familiar to me. I follow a photoblogger who posts from Williamsburg and the surrounding area daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Williamsburg is such a beautiful city and would love to see it in the fall…gorgeous images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Williamsburg! Your pictures are beautiful! Sending you hags from Singapore! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...